IGNORED

Question on R1100S_04

chachi1008

hello u all,i'm new to the board and reading about RT's spline failures,makes me a litle concern,does the r1100s have the same problem?thax chachi eek.gif

Well first, temper your concern with the fact that you are only (mostly) seeing complaints about those that fail. Far more give 100,000s of service with no issues. People just don't post about those on the Internet.

That being said, the design of the R1100S is the same.

Yep, and at 51K, mine is starting to get notchy shifting. frown.gif

Ed, is downshifting to 2nd particularly bad? Does throttle blipping seem to help?

ShovelStrokeEd

FB,

You know me from over on the Pelican site.

Actually the tranny oil is due for a change and that could be playing in as well. I'm gonna do a major service on it next weekend and I'll see how it goes from there. Worst case, down it comes. No big deal really, the S is a whole bunch easier than an RT. I was hoping to put this project off till I got my VFR done, PITA to have 2 bikes torn down at the same time in the garage.

FB,

You know me from over on the Pelican site.

Actually the tranny oil is due for a change and that could be playing in as well. I'm gonna do a major service on it next weekend and I'll see how it goes from there. Worst case, down it comes. No big deal really, the S is a whole bunch easier than an RT. I was hoping to put this project off till I got my VFR done, PITA to have 2 bikes torn down at the same time in the garage.

Hi Ed, yes I do know who you are, but I like you anyway wink.gif

Mine has been displaying just a bit of reluctance to go into 2nd from 3 rd unless I blip the throttle. Then its smooth as butter. I'm down to just one bike now so a tear down will only be done with the gun against my head.

Archived