IGNORED

CAMHEAD REPAIR MANULE

n9owk66

OK, that's getting a bit more valid.

I wonder, how different can the UK version be? They drive on the wrong side of the road but they do speak a sort of English, I understand. They do use that funny money though....

Perhaps it is time to embrace the global market place. After all, I just ordered something from Denmark, so why not England?

Tom

Non-answer from Haynes:

"Hi Haynes Folks-

Nippy Norman's, in the UK, is selling a Haynes manual for the 2010-2013 BMW R1200 series motorcycles.

This manual would be the follow-on to your current manual http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/574.

Here is the Nippy site: http://www.nippynormans.com/products/books/item/haynes-manual-r1200gsadventure1200r1200rt-10-on-hay-4925.

I have also seen this for sale on E-Bay from the UK.

Is this manual meant to be a UK-only version?

When might this manual be available for the US?

Thanks and Regards,

Tom Schmitz

-------------------------------

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The manual we have will cover different models of the R1200. A list of covered models is available on our UK website at www.haynes.co.uk For specific questions about the manual, please call us directly at 1-800-442-9637 during business hours (PST) and ask for the technical research department. One of our representatives will be glad to provide you with some additional information. We find that we can be of best assistance to our customers via telephone, and we do not charge for this service.

Again, thank you for your interest in Haynes automotive/motorcycle manuals!"

I called. Heavy call volume, no rep available, left a message.

Did a search on the ISBN and got an Amazon reference which led me to this which leads me to believe it may be available on December 15th.

Signed up for notification...

• 4 weeks later...

I just received that manual-Haynes 10-12 DOHC (bought it from Amazon, paid $32 or so, w/ free shipping) British in it's lingo ("spanners") yet, everything is also given in US (as well as UK) measurements.

Nice!

I had used the supplied AMAZON link from 12R12RT from above.. just checked on it again and it is listed for something like $79 dollars??? I may have been lucky! ;-)

I got mine, too, and for the same price. It became available much earlier than anticipated, and shipped much sooner than they said it would.

I'm happy.

Don't know why the price shot up. I ordered mine through Amazon and the vendor was the_book_depository.

Tom

So I ordered one from Nippy Norman. around $30, took a weee bit to get here but by golly it did get here and it was even hardbound! No as comprehensive as the Factory DVD but doesn't require a PC to operate and I can keep data written in it. Thanks for the link to Nippy.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon currently shows the manual to be out of print. I tried ordering from Nippy Normans but couldn't get it to accept my phone number (a required field) no matter how I formatted it. I finally ended up ordering it from the Haynes UK site.

I ordered mine with a 'Buy it Now' option on E-bay on the 27th and I recieved notice the 28th that it has shipped.

Paid $39.12 w/shipping from the UK to the USA.

There are currently 2 listings for the new 2010-2012 Haynes. If you read the fine print they both ship from the same address (J. Stewart). A few pennies difference in the pricing and are listed as seperate sellers, no idea why.

Amazon currently shows the manual to be out of print. I tried ordering from Nippy Normans but couldn't get it to accept my phone number (a required field) no matter how I formatted it. I finally ended up ordering it from the Haynes UK site.

Same happened to me. Gave up after 3 attempts.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived