IGNORED

Wire routing for handle mounted GPS

tone1298

Any body route a wire to mount your GPS from battery to handle bars? The instructions say to remove the gas tank, which I'd like to avoid.

If removing the tank can not be avoided, any body got a good description (pictures n stuff) of how to do it?

tHanks!!

I know the RT is different than the K, but raising the tank (not necessarily removing it) allows enough space to adequately route any wires. On the K, it gave me enough visibility and working room to route the wires properly.

Any body route a wire to mount your GPS from battery to handle bars? The instructions say to remove the gas tank, which I'd like to avoid.

If removing the tank can not be avoided, any body got a good description (pictures n stuff) of how to do it?

tHanks!!

On my '05 RT I didn't want to take off all the side panels, or move the tank. So I took off the seat, and using a very lightweight, straightened-out coathanger, worked it to the front of the bike, taped the GPS power cord to it, and gently pulled the cord back to the battery.

There is a plug for the GPS right under the instrument panel in the center close to the forks. It is for the Nav 2 but you could still use it. It has a blank plug in it and taped. Just test which is pos. and neg. and cut plug off or replace with one you have both halfs.

I am going to have to raise the tank on my Yamaha to do the same thing (once the wiring kit gets here). Not looking forward to it.

What happened to the old days when all motorcycle batteries were under the seat? tongue.gif

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the power cable connector used on the NavII from BMW (for a R1200RT)to fit the cable block under the steering head. This would make connecting my 2610 so much easier!

Cheers

Richard

There is a plug for the GPS right under the instrument panel in the center close to the forks. It is for the Nav 2 but you could still use it. It has a blank plug in it and taped. Just test which is pos. and neg. and cut plug off or replace with one you have both halfs.

do you have a picture or schematic of it? Exactly what plastic has to come off to get to it?

Thanks!

BMW will sell you the wiring cable for a 2610 to an R12RT-the problem is they want $125 for it. frown.gif I don't believe I'll take advantage of that opportunity.

I just recently installed the BMW Motorrad Navigator II on my R1200ST. The instructions for the electrical connection were missing from the package, but I was able to have them emailed to me in PDF format.

The installation required the removal of the fuel tank, which had me a bit intimidated (I am not that mechanically inclined). However, the instructions were clear and easy enough to follow.

I am not sure if the instructions for the R1200ST will help you, but I can email them to you if you like.

I just recently installed the BMW Motorrad Navigator II on my R1200ST. The instructions for the electrical connection were missing from the package, but I was able to have them emailed to me in PDF format.

The installation required the removal of the fuel tank, which had me a bit intimidated (I am not that mechanically inclined). However, the instructions were clear and easy enough to follow.

I am not sure if the instructions for the R1200ST will help you, but I can email them to you if you like.

Sure, that might be helpful.

Archived