IGNORED

K1200 Recall

TestPilot

I'm not a K-bike owner, but here's some important info for those who are.

From the NHTSA ODI web site:

"NHTSA Campaign 12V487000: BMW is recalling certain model year 2007-2008 K1200 S, K1200 R, and K1200 R Sport motorcycles. In certain riding conditions, the brake fluid in the front brake fluid reservoir can foam. The front brake fluid reservoir will be retrofitted with a screen insert, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during November 2012. Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417 or email BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com."

Full details and documentation can be found on the NHTSA ODI web site here. Type the campaign number in the box under QUICK SEARCH and click Search. On the following screen click Document Search in the lower left corner to access and download all the relevant NHTSA paperwork.

Thanks for the update... i'm located overseas, so i'll contact the local dealer for more info.

..Wait, just checked. Manufacturer: BMW of North America, LLC is only for the U.S.

The same recall has been announced by Transport Canada (Recall 2012334), so it is effect in countries other than the USA. Check with your dealer anyway.

Archived