IGNORED

2011 R1200RT Integrated GPS Mount

KSB

I am considering the Integrated GPS Mount Part Number: 8600887-888 offered by Wunderlich America to use with my Garmin Nuvi 550 GPS. Does anyone have any experience with this mount? If so, any comments?

I put one on my 2011 R1200RT. I also mounted a locking GPS mount on it and a Nuvi 660 in the locking mount. I also put a hood on the 660 to help with glare.

The GPS is up high, above the instruments, just at the bottom of the field of view of the road. It is very easy to glance down to see the GPS. It is also very stable - no vibration. I ran the wiring for the GPS forward, tucking it under the cowl before turning aft and around the instrument cluster.

I used to have a GPS mount that was much lower, between the handlebars, but changed because I could not see it if I had a tank bag installed and it was harder to glance down, taking my eyes off the road longer.

I'm using the BMW mount with my Garmin 660 and its worked out very well. No ability to lock the GPS to the mount but it is a quick and easy mount that puts the GPS in a good position (just above the gauges). And its not too expensive

Jim

I am considering the Integrated GPS Mount Part Number: 8600887-888 offered by Wunderlich America to use with my Garmin Nuvi 550 GPS. Does anyone have any experience with this mount? If so, any comments?

\Love mine. Perfect position, solid mounting. A bit fiddly to install, but otherwise a nice addition to the RT:

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

THANKS for the great pictures! I have a cradle for my Garmin that came from RAM Mounting Systems. It uses a 2 hole mounting system where the holes are ~ 1 3/4 to 1 15/16" apart in a horizontal plane. Are there a set of holes that will work?

Archived