IGNORED

Help- Electrical issue with my fuel pump?: 91' K75

VizslaSteve

Strangest thing with this bike. Bike sat all winter and summer (sad). Found battery was dead. Replaced the battery. Woudln't start. Starter motor comes on- but won't catch... Seems like no fuel...

Found that fuel pump was bad. Removed and replaced pump and filter. Found that fuel sender was also bad- broken wires, corroded etc. Replaced.

Tried the assembly of sender+ pump plugged into the 4-pin connector on bike. Fuel pump doesn't come on. Check voltage at 4-pin- when pushing start button I do get 12V. Get 12V at fuse.

So it seems like I have voltage to the connected, when depressing start- but as soon as I plug in the fuel guage sender I don't get any! I measured voltage at the fuel pump when the sender/pump is plugged in to the 4 pin and start is depressed- 0V? I do however still measure 12V across the fuel pump fuse at this stage...

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.... Any suggestions greatly appreciate.

Roger_Pivonka

If I were you, I would head over to the www.ibmwr.org and join the "tech list" and repost your question there. It's a MUCH more active board than this one. I'm gonna guess that a 21 year old bike that SAT for so long will have some corrosion on/at various connectors and that may be your problem. Check ALL fuses too. and EXERCISE ALL SWITCHES TOO. AND get a can of DeoxIT to clean those connections (http://www.caig.com/) OR the critters have chewed through some wires and you get to hunt for the broken wires.

Archived