IGNORED

mechanical issues to expect?

nerdybiker

Ok, I just picked up my 2005 RT this morning and I've been wiping drool off my jacket all day. It's a fantastic machine!! Just a quick question... So far, I've heard of cam tensioner problems and mirrors falling off. Anything else that I should expect? What are the common "new model" issues that people are seeing with their 2005 models?

Thanks to all of you who answer this. thumbsup.gif

Make sure your front ABS sensor cable is not rubbing on the brake rotor! If it is, move it out of the way or take it back to the dealer and point it out to them.

I've had a very serious problem with my 1200RT...not being able to ride it enough.

Forums tend to make worriers out of owners. There haven't been any issues with my bike other than the one above.

Yeah its great to get exposure to every little thing that could possibly go wrong and usually what the fix is but do bear in mind that most people don't sign up for a forum just so they can post that they've gone 20,000 miles without a single hiccup ;) Well maybe they do here but it was in one week.

I fall into the same camp, I can't get enough time on my RT, shoot I had to sneak out for an hour today just to ride. It was windy and 50F but still good times ;)

Archived