IGNORED

Valve clearence.

David R

Cam head is almost to 1,000 miles. Oil changed at 200. Due again. I want to check the valves and get shims if I need them.

Can't find clearance.

Help?

DAVID

Bike is sweet! Fuel gauge lies.....

Other wise I love it.

.007 on 3 of the intakes and .006 on one.

.014 on 3 exhaust .013 on one. Specs are above.

I pulled the plugs, put a little never seez on them and re installed. I will switch bottom and top as long as they are the same at 10,000 miles when I check the valves again.

The plugs has some color, so this bike is getting enough fuel. Back of the muffler shows fuel residue too.

I changed the oil for the second time. almost 1,000 miles. Bakes improved drastically from 300 miles up.

What a machine.

dirtdreamer50

David, Glad you are enjoying it...Is that a windshield I see on your avitar pic?

I've read on several BMW forums that many owners of camheads have gone through the 24k service and all the valves were still in spec. More stable than the oilhead adjusters, requiring much less maintenance work. tomp dd50

Dirtdreamer.

The checking valve adjustment was for peace of mind. I did not like the dealer I bought the bike from and don't care to take it to them at all. I read to much stuff here about what is going to go bad. I just take good care of the bike and ride it a LOT.

My pics in the avatar are the air head and oil head. I still have both. They have windshields.

I ordered a parabellum sport windshield yesterday. For now its a nekkid bike. I AM using ear plugs. I ordered the bags and factory back rack. They are not in yet. Dealer wanted me to wait till they were. SCREW THAT!

The BMW windshield looked too low for me in the picture. It looks level with the top of the mirrors.

Ceebailey touring screen looked goo too. Parabellum seems to match the styling of the bike more. The scout with matched paint would be cool on this bike too, but I choose to keep it simple.

If this bike never goes to a dealer I will be happy.

David

Archived