IGNORED

Snap-On Tools is smoking crack, again...

Tasker

ShovelStrokeEd

That price is not horrible. Take a closer look at the specs on the lift. It's a pretty heavy duty piece. I think the lifts at BMW of Atlanta set them back over 5K each. The electric over hydraulic is way smooth. Pretty hard to justify for the home shop but for a commercial operation, that price is pretty reasonable.

That price is not horrible.

I suppose you're right. I'm used to seeing them (lifts) advertised for less than $1,000. Granted, they are mechanical or air-assisted, but still...

We use one of those at the local KLR tech days. They are pretty decent, but in reality the proce difference over a Handy-Lift is a deal breaker for me. I like Snap-On, but this is out there, for sure. I have a Handy-Lift, easily as usable as the Snap-On. Only difference in utlility is the need for an air supply.

all the best,

Mike

Got a flyer in the paper today from Harbor Freight. From now until 01/16/06 there is an additional 20% off coupon on any single item in stock. With the sale price and coupon their 1000lb cycle lift is $240.00, lot number 91764.

I like my HandyLift!

I like my HandyLift!

Handy Lift is the way to go. Last time I looked, you could order them through the Carlson Company for about $1,100 (that's the lift, the wheel vice, and shipping).

For what you get, they're a steal at that price. While I love Snap-On products, I can't imagine their lift being three times better.

Got a flyer in the paper today from Harbor Freight. From now until 01/16/06 there is an additional 20% off coupon on any single item in stock. With the sale price and coupon their 1000lb cycle lift is $240.00, lot number 91764.

I like my HandyLift!

watch out for harborfreight, some of their stuff is just plain ol crap wink.gif

I like my HandyLift!

watch out for harborfreight, some of their stuff is just plain ol crap wink.gif

Tis true, but their bike lift is really quite decent! I know at least half a dozen guys with them, and none have anything bad to say about them other than the front wheel lock is cheap.

Jim cool.gif

When I bought my HandyLift some years back, I bought it from them at a cycle show. One of the perks for buying it there was they shipped it for free! Since I also bought the side extensions and wheel vise, that was a lot of weight in shipping I didn't have to pay for.

Archived