IGNORED

hexhead forum

dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50

Does anyone here on the cam head forum spent any time on the hex head one? I went from an 03 to a 12, so I'm unsure of what is inclusive to both engine type bikes. Is everything I need to know right here and will wandering there just cause heartache and confusion? tomp dd50

Dear Confused in Sugar Land: You have made your choice and now it is up to you to live with the consequences. When you left your hexhead companion for a young, more attractive engine configuration, you forfeited the right to hang out with your old flame's crowd. Doing so will only cause confusion for your former engine-mates and hurt your new RT.

Man up. Accept the reality of your choice and embrace it fully. Remember, these are German motorcycles, not Italian.

A lot more info in the hexhead forum, as the camheads are still relatively new and there are a lot more hexhead owners and aging bike issues. With the exception of the heads and a few electronic bits on the camheads, they are still basically hexheads under the skin.

dirtdreamer50

Thanks, guys, I'm confused no longer. FWIW, my 03 was an oilhead, so I really knew nothing about the 1200's except for a few cc's and different tupperware. I won't have the fuel strip failures of the past, but the new switchgear problems should make up for that, or so I've been told.

Mike, I've only had one Italian, two if you count the ex-wife, and it was a 1969 Montgomery Wards/Benelli 125cc 2 stroke. I had a much better relationship with it than the wife, but that's another long and painful story.

I always check the Hexhead forum first since the camheads have so much in common with them and ther's a lot more hexheads than camheads. I really don't think there are enopugh differences to justify a separate forum. Might just as well put the hexhead GS and RT in separate forums also.

Mike, I've only had one Italian, two if you count the ex-wife, and it was a 1969 Montgomery Wards/Benelli 125cc 2 stroke. I had a much better relationship with it than the wife, but that's another long and painful story.

Okay. Since you've been through some heartbreak in your life, we'll let you post wherever you want. Just don't get caught . . . .

Archived