IGNORED

Repair Manuals

Doppelganger

Greetings-

I am a new rider and BMW owner. I am amazed by this bike every time I get out for a ride, and look forward to many happy hours together!

The motorcycle I purchased did not have an owner's manual. I was looking for your opinions on the better manual- Clymer or Haynes?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums smile.gif

I had a Clymer manual for my K1100LT which I sold with the bike. It was very clear and handy. I have no experience with the Haynes though.

At the moment I am using a CD-Rom manual I bought of E-Bay for my R1150RT but it isn't as comprehensive as the Clymer was either.

I purchased a Clymer manual, and have not been very impressed. Can't speak from experience about the Haynes. I'm also a relatively new BMW owner.

From the picture, it appears you may have an RT-P? You will be very impressed by the amount of information available from this site. In fact, I would almost question the need for a manual with all of the info available here. There was a thread a few weeks ago about "free" (non-copyrighted) manuals etc. Check what you can get for free before you spend any hard earned cash. PM me if you want me to email anything to ya..

Personal opinion, if you're going to do a lot of your own wrenching, you're going to want all three. Each has there strengths and weaknesses and by reading the subject at hand in each of them I can almost always glean together what I need to know.

Archived