IGNORED

Bar ups & foot pegs

Tcreek

I have 8000 mi. on my RT, didn't want to change anything untill I had some miles on it. I put barups & lowered footpegs. We rode to my Dads for christmas, my wife rides to, a Yamaha V-star, 180mi, my add ons really made a more comfortable ride. I got mine from suburban mach.

I have 8000 mi. on my RT, didn't want to change anything untill I had some miles on it. I put barups & lowered footpegs..

I brought my bars up and back. Out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'm 5'10, and considering dropping my pegs with a Suburban kit (had 'em on my LT), but I'm not all THAT uncomfortable now.

I am also 5'10" with bad knees, i have only rode 180mi since i lowered pegs, but it sure feels better. My brake pedal feels alright, but am going to have to adjust shifter down.

i havent gotten arbacks because, although the bars end up closer to you, the angle of the bars come more towards you as a result, which pinches the outside of my wrists. i wish there was an option to bring the bars back but have them push outward so there is less "sweep" to them - does anyone else feel this way?

i don't know why handle bars are angled back in the first place - if you let your hands fall, they fall flat, not angled. they should make these things adjustable!

ShovelStrokeEd

A candidate for RS bar conversion if I ever heard one.

There is an outfit called Gilles Machine that makes all sorts of adjustable bars. A little time with a caliper for fork tube diameter and you might just find what you need.

Gimme a bit to find a linky.

OK, here

Archived