IGNORED

Farkle Bar??

David_S

It's been a while since the Farkle Bar came out and I haven't heard much. Anyone out there been running one for a while? If so how's it working out for you?

I got one about 2 weeks ago and really like it. The BMW Nav 2 GPS mount for the R1200RT fits the bar so you don't have to use a shelf. I have a Kenwoood Radio, Cell phone, Roddy 2, Radar Detector and Nav 2 on mine. It totally clears the handle bar area and moves it all around the dash. No more looking over the Tank Bag to see the GPS and stumbling to find the key hole. I also installed handle bar offsets to be more comfortable and increased clearances for the toys.

It is so solid you can grab the bar and shake the hole bike. I had a BMR on my LT and it was not nearly as solid. If you talk to the guy he will work with you on your requirements.

Thanks for the input. I just ordered one. What the heck it has a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm just tired of having RAM mounts sticking up all over the place, RCU shelf shakes too much, and the BMR shelf for the 12RT places the GPS too high up in front of the windshield for my taste so we'll give this a shot. I'll be sure and post how it works out.

I have a Farkle Bar and I've mounted a radar detector and a Street Pilot. I'm trying to figure out how to secure my Cobra HH to the bar. I have the model where the battery pack comes off leaving just the small transceiver. Any ideas?

Remember... you want some isolation in the system to avoid transmitting excessive shock and vibration to the components you mount. A completely solid mount with no shock/vibration isolation is simply a bad idea.

Joe West

It is so solid you can grab the bar and shake the hole bike. I had a BMR on my LT and it was not nearly as solid. If you talk to the guy he will work with you on your requirements.
I got one about 2 weeks ago and really like it. The BMW Nav 2 GPS mount for the R1200RT fits the bar so you don't have to use a shelf. I have a Kenwoood Radio, Cell phone, Roddy 2, Radar Detector and Nav 2 on mine. It totally clears the handle bar area and moves it all around the dash. No more looking over the Tank Bag to see the GPS and stumbling to find the key hole. I also installed handle bar offsets to be more comfortable and increased clearances for the toys.

Can you post a picture of it with all your toys? Would like to see the setup.

It's been a while since the Farkle Bar came out and I haven't heard much. Anyone out there been running one for a while? If so how's it working out for you?

My wife has one on her R1200RT. She has a Valentine radar detector, Roady II XM radio, and Yaesu Ham handheld for bike to bike communications. She had the dealer mount the stuff on it, and they talked her into buying the BMW navigator with its between the bar mount, instead of mounting her 2610 on the Farkle bar. The farkle bar isn't the most handsome looking thing around, but it's sure stout! She seems quite happy with the results.

Archived