IGNORED

throttle bodie sync

n9owk66

Hi all need some info on throttle bodies. i set my sync at 3000RPM now bike whants to sputter off of idel and the idel reading is way off. so my question is does the steper motors self adj are do you have to have a GS911 to set idel usimg a carbtune 2012 R1200GSA.thanks mike

Afternoon n9owk66

3K is just a bit on the high side to set your balance but that isn't the cause of your problem.

There is NO setting on the 1200 camhead for idle balance, that is controlled by the fueling computer & stepper motors (automatically continuously adjusting). So if you NOW have an idle balance issue that is due to something else like a failing stepper motor, a vacuum leak, or some other issue.

How did you set your 3K balance? Hopefully ONLY using the throttle cable adjusters.

SO, things to look at--

You didn’t end up with a tight throttle cable did you? There needs to be some slack in both side cables at idle. A tight cable can really screw up your idle balance.

You didn't leave the L/H vacuum hose or R/H vacuum cap off the bottoms of the TB's did you?

Hopefully no one has turned the base idle screws on the TB's. Any sign of the marking paint being messed with on those idle screws?

Also look for the possibility of one of the lower (short) throttle cables pulled a bit out of the bowden box. Maybe incorrectly routed over the air intake or somehow pulled out a bit.

I suppose you could have a failed stepper motor but the odds of that happening just as you did your TB balance is remote.

So go back over everything you did & verify you don't have tight throttle cables, or left a vacuum hose/cap off, or somehow pulled a lower throttle cable tight.

As a last resort try disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds to clear fueling computer offsets the re-connect & do a new fresh TPS relearn (key on, do not start, then fully open & close throttle twice).

THANKS DIRTRIDER.I checked cable in play i really could not tell if it had free play but i got looking how it all worked and starded the motor and was looking found a vacum leak on the morgon carbtune and that what was making the idle off THANKS mike KB9GIB.

• 2 weeks later...
dirtdreamer50

As a last resort try disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds to clear fueling computer offsets the re-connect & do a new fresh TPS relearn (key on, do not start, then fully open & close throttle twice).

--------------------------------------------

Dirtrider, I've had other make bikes with TPS problems that required almost regular model specific relearning. Is the procedure you mentioned something that should be done periodically or even when the battery needs replacing, or not needed? Appreciate the info. tomp dd50

Archived