IGNORED

Multifunction Display 2012 R1200RT

Gary_L

Okay, basic (rookie) questions about the multifunction display...

I suppose this should be obvious, but what does "BC" stand for?

Also, at idle only, "Oil (with a check mark)" is one of the available display indications. There is nothing about this in the owners manual that I could find.

Thx.

Afternoon Gary

BC basically stands for Board Computer or BMW talk for On-Board Computer (don't ask me why)

On that check mark showing. It means (oil level is correct). It only come on at certain times like warm engine, engine idling, etc (see around (give or take) page 57 in your riders manual for a basic explanation.

The "Oil w/Check" icon was put there by the engineers as a prank. It is designed to make newbies, like you and me, panic and pull out the Owners Manual. As you noted, there is no information about it in the Manual and that is all part of the joke. Ha-ha!

"BC" is the name of a comic strip which should give you some idea.

After a year with my '11 RT I have learned, rightly or wrongly, that unless the display icon is a yellow or red "!" it may ignored.

Gullible

Afternoon Gary

BC basically stands for Board Computer or BMW talk for On-Board Computer (don't ask me why)

The first German word in the phrase is "Bord" -- roughly German for onboard.

Okay, basic (rookie) questions about the multifunction display...

Also, at idle only, "Oil (with a check mark)" is one of the available display indications. There is nothing about this in the owners manual that I could find.

Full details of the oil/check mark function are on page 56 of my 2011 rider's manual. It should be in yours somewhere near there.

Didn't the dealership do a pre delivery walk through where you checked the bike for cosmetic defects, went over starting/shifting/getting it on/off stands/and verified all signal devices operated/brake functions etc?

Service requirements intervals/special features/warranty info etc.

Then the appro manual?

I always suggested reading manual ctc as the models changed and

the only way to know sumething was to review specific items.

At this time cost for 6k/annual/and most intensive services would be covered.

Been out of the game a few years but that was part of our delivery.

Yes the operation part above is not a needed part for most but it was a CYA.

Archived