IGNORED

Spark Dryarn Undersuit, N. Normans power outlet,HGericke windscreen wiper

Guest Kakugo

Recently I asked for some advice about clothing. I was inundated with excellent suggestions, especially about underwear. I ended up buying a Spark full length two pieces undersuit because... it was on sale on eBay at a bargain price! :grin:

First impression was really good. Dryarn is a very light fabric, lighter than very thin cotton. It doesn't charge with static, it has no smell... in short it's a wonder fabric.

I had the occasion of testing said underwear extensively in a wide range of conditions and I can honestly say I am really impressed with it. Worn underneath my heavy duty Hein Gericke suit it made for a very comfortable ride. It keeps you nice and dry in every condition, it doesn't retain sweat (and hence doesn't smell after a day's ride) and it helps big time in regulating body temperature in a wide array of temperatures. The pants are completely seamless, a huge bonus when having to spend a few hours straight on the saddle. :thumbsup:

In short I would recommend it to anyone, from the most sedate touring type to the fastest track day addict.

There were two other handy gadgets I brought with me on the trip (will post pictures later, sorry about the inconvenience).

The first is the Nippy Normans power outlet adapter. Worked like a treat with my phone charger and it's considerably cheaper than the Wunderlich equivalent. Uses heavy gauge wire, good quality copper... really nice product.

The second is the Hein Gericke "windscreen wiper". It's a small rubber strip you slip on your glove to wipe rain away from your visor. Not really cheap (3€ for a pack of two may seem a bit steep) but worth far more than its weight in gold.

Archived