IGNORED

battery replacement for 2000 r1100rt

Green Machine

Green Machine

I am replacing the battery on my 2000 R1100rt and the OEM from the dealer is 190 bucks. Does anyone have recommendations or reasons why I should go aftermarket or stay OEM. I think 200 bucks is a little steep for a cycle battery.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

What Edddd saysssss. PC680. You might need a shim 1/4" thick either under or over it for the strap to properly retain it. I had some oak trim material that worked well although it isn't a very Bavarian worthy solution.

+whatever on the PC680. Do an internet search for pricing.

Don't even research anything else, just buy one and forget about it. Best battery out there by far

The PC680 is slightly smaller than the OEM battery; I put a piece of closed-cell foam under the battery to make up the difference. Some places will try to sell you the "L" shaped adapter brackets for an added charge; they should come with the battery for free (or you can make your own). If I remember correctly, I used one for the ground connection, but not for the plus lead (or perhaps it was the other way around :/ ).

szurszewski
Battery Mart

ordered one at 3:50 Wed and it arrived Friday.

Price was $114 including free shipping.

If you're into local businesses, try googling your area as well - I found a small authorized Odyssey dealer very near me that had the battery (with brackets) for $120. I didn't show up at my door, but I was able to go pick it up the same day and hand my $$ to someone in my own town.

(and just to add another +, that was a few years ago and the battery is still going strong despite my lack of regular riding and only sometimes putting it on a charger)

josh

GrumpyOldMan

I had several PC680's with mixed results. I've had a WESTCO for several years now and am very satisfied with it. It should also be substantially less cost than the PC-680.

Battery Mart

ordered one at 3:50 Wed and it arrived Friday.

Price was $114 including free shipping.

If you're into local businesses, try googling your area as well - I found a small authorized Odyssey dealer very near me that had the battery (with brackets) for $120. I didn't show up at my door, but I was able to go pick it up the same day and hand my $$ to someone in my own town.

(and just to add another +, that was a few years ago and the battery is still going strong despite my lack of regular riding and only sometimes putting it on a charger)

josh

Always local first.

:thumbsup:

I checked and nothing avaiable w/in 50% of that battery.

Archived