IGNORED

BMW Tank Bag?

BruceWA

Just completed a 9 day trip through the west and my K1200GT (2006) BMW tank bag has several major issues. The zippers are coming apart and it leaks and holds water like a sponge to say nothing of the duo lock holder at the seat no longer holds much.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Repairs? What do you other K1200GT 2 users like or use?

Thanks....... Bruce

PassinHarleys

If you visit the Pirates Lair, Jerry Finley (own/op) has gear that is proven, and not paying me for the advise... I have a few aftermarket items from him and they are very good. I'm using a small tank bag which snaps onto special studs at the gas filler flange. It holds my wallet glasses, lens cleaner stuff, glock...

Just enough to keep that crap out of my pockets. I keep a spare key and my easypass hidden in it as well. My i-pod is velcro-ed to the top of it where a semi useless map compartment is. I now use GPS and a healthy dose of common sense.

Thanks for the replies. Will most likely go with a gas cap mount, just hope whichever product I go with last longer than the BMW one. Actually only used it maybe twice a year.

Dennis Andress

The gas cap ring for the Coretech bag we had on the SV was always hard to put the bag back on, and didn't lock firmly in place. Part of the plastic ring broke off too, even though the bag was still usable.

Bags-Connection makes gas cap mounted bags of really good quality.

Archived