IGNORED

Cee-Bailey's on E-Bay

C5INC

Found this on ebay and wondering if it's legit?

eBay sent this message to Jim Coffman (c5inc).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Response to Question about Item -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address. Click the Respond Now button below to send your response via My Messages (your email address will not be included).

Response from bmw_motorcyle_owners_club_store

Item: Motorcycle Windshield - Cee Bailey (4598519782)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

bmw_motorcyle_owners_club_store is the seller.

Hello c5inc, I am Cee Bailey reseller. I can get you Cee Bailey Windshields at big discount off list price, AND make a donation to the owners club that you came to us from. My special arrangement: I offer discounts to members of offical Motorcycle Owner rider clubs. For BMW, this applies to BMWMOA and BMWRA, National and Local clubs. I am currently also offering discounts to members of certain online clubs since they are also authorized by the MOA or RA.

Please let me know which club you are a member of, or desire to be a member of.

Our club members have voted Cee Bailey windshields as their favorite. The Eurocut is the most popular BMW shield right now.

CB Windshields: Most windshields come standard at 2 inches wider than stock, and at heights starting at 2.5 inches over stock. 2.5 does not make a big difference, so many riders go with at least 3.5 and 4.5 heights requests. See here for details: http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/

The light green and light gray tints are very subtle, and do not reduce visibility very much, especially in the day time. The Dark gray and bronze shields are NOT recommended for night-time riding. Therefore, the refund for the dark or Bronze is only what Frank can get for it on the used market, minus a 15% restock fee.

This link has some great pics of the different tints: http://www.ceebaileys.com/wsdesign2-euro.htm

In order to answer your question: How tall are you? How long are your legs? For example, I am 5/11, 38/33 pants. I can't give you a price until I know tint, shape, size, Eurocut, etc.

Join the Clubs!

BMW Motorcycle Owner's Association www.bmwmoa.org

Local chapters: http://www.bmwmoa.org/about/clubs/clubs.htm

BMW Riders Association http://www.bmwra.org/

Please let me know which club you are a member of, or might be interested in exploring the possiblity of joining?

I can be reached quicker at frankparisi@yahoo.com

Respond to this question in My Messages.

Item Details

Item name: Motorcycle Windshield - Cee Bailey

Item number: 4598519782

End date: Jan-16-06 04:04:35 PST

View item description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4598519782&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

Thank you for using eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/

Marketplace Safety Tip

Always remember to complete your transaction on eBay - it's the safer way to buy.

Please do not offer to buy or sell this item through this form without completing the transaction on eBay. If you receive a response inviting you to transact outside of eBay, you should decline -- such transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the community by reporting it.

Aluminum_Butt

Sure smells fishy. From the poor English (I am Cee Bailey reseller) to the fact that none of his feedback is for windshields. The latter would point to the idea that he's either selling them off Ebay (violation of policy) or this will be the first unit. He changed his Ebay ID yesterday from his name to "BMW Motorcycle Club Store".

I'd think the easiest thing would be to call CeeBailey's and ask them. If he's truly a reseller, they should be glad to tell you. If he's not, they'll definitely be glad to tell you. grin.gif

I've sent Airtire (Steve Chlavin of Cee Bailey's) a PM and an email. We'll see what he has to say. I think might just be doing yourself and him a favor if you were to call the company with this info.

Blue Beemer Dude
Sure smells fishy. From the poor English (I am Cee Bailey reseller) to the fact that none of his feedback is for windshields.

I agree that since he hasn't yet sold any windshields on eBay yet, that is cause for concern.

However, there are an awful lot of people here on this forum who don't know proper English grammar, spelling or punctuation, but yet we let them stay around.

Overall the guy's posting was well written, so as long as you don't need to send him a certified check written for more than the asking price to have it shipped to your "client" who lives in another country and pass along the difference to my friend "Pete" who will drop by tomorrow but don't look directly at him or call him Pete because he won't answer to that but you can trust me and thank you for your business.

Seriously, see the post immediately before mine... apparently another board member has done business with the guy and was happy. A lot of people will "advertise" on eBay but actually do the transaction outside of the auction. I've done it several times myself. Only got burned once, but that was on a car, long story.

Michael

I wouldn't buy from him. Look at his answers to 2 very specific questions. Also, all that verbiage about a BMW Club and donating $$? Very odd way to sell a straight-forward accessory.

Okay I will not buy from him...Now help me find the right windshield. I am 6' tall longer in torso...which one for an 1150RT? alos Euro cut or standard? I have the BMW tall winshield on now

Overall the guy's posting was well written, so as long as you don't need to send him a certified check written for more than the asking price to have it shipped to your "client" who lives in another country and pass along the difference to my friend "Pete" who will drop by tomorrow but don't look directly at him or call him Pete because he won't answer to that but you can trust me and thank you for your business.

.. or, the guy is in China, all his feedback's are from China, all feed back say "very excellent speed! top appreciator!", half of the feedback accounts have been suspended, and he's selling Garmin's for $76.00 (cashier's check or International bank money order only!)..

Ebay is a con mans paradise. I've seen SO much obvious fraud there in the past two months that it's a dangerous place to conduct business (yet I still do; buyer beware!). What ticks me off is that this stuff is so obvious that Ebay could pick it up proactively if they cared about it.

As far as the Cee Bailey's, it looks like a square deal, except I infer from the ad that you have to join one of the clubs to get the deal. Probably not a bad idea to support the clubs, but it'll raise the cost of your windscreen.

And, I need one BADLY. Mine looks like the former LEO went though a sand blaster, AND he was only about 5'4" tall. I'm 6'2", and probably need a +4/+2 screen. The existing screen dumps the airflow on my head when I have the screen up. Half the time I just ride with it down; less turbulence.

Okay I will not buy from him...Now help me find the right windshield

Why not just order directly from Cee Baileys?

I called and they suggested a certain size for my GS/ADV. They were right on the money!

The prices are great right from the source. What you would save is not worth the hassle.

Just look right HERE

FYI, I sent this guy a message asking if I could pick one up locally, as I am in the area. No reply as of yet, I'll let you know if I ever gat an answer, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Can you say scam? dopeslap.gif

Bryant

Seems to me the Clubs would be advertising this as a 'benefit' to them. I haven't seen anything from MOA on it. Go direct to CEE Bailey and buy, they are good people to do business with in my experience.

Usual non-relationship disclosures, just a satisfied customer. smile.gif

I infer from the ad that you have to join one of the clubs to get the deal. Probably not a bad idea to support the clubs, but it'll raise the cost of your windscreen.

Slight hijack here, but sometimes the club support isn't an extra cost - it's factored into marketing expenses. Warm'nSafe offers a discount (15 or 20% if I recall) to anyone on the GS forum as well as folks who have completed the MSF course as well as a few others. It's not a direct donation but it helps the members save a few bucks. I got my heated liner & controller for about what the liner itself would have cost me if I hadn't had the GS forum connection.

Jim

I have to agree with an eariler post in this thread, I bought mine through Frank as was quite pleased with the service, cost and his support.

My $.02

Archived