IGNORED

Mounting Autocom Headset Connector on 2010RT

Runnor

Hey guys,

I've just installed an Autocom onto my RT. Indra LEDs went very smooth because of all the info and help I've received on this forum! :clap:

Now my question. Where\how did you attach the auto com's headrest connector for the rider and for the passenger? I sort of hate to use the sticky back thingy only because of what the sticky stuff might do to the paint or finish. With the bags on, where do you place the connector for the passenger? Does it go on the luggage rack next to the left side rail?

For the rider, did you stick it on the tank bag mounting cover just up from the seat?

Anyone have pictures of their setup they could share?

Runner (John)

Looks like I should have posted this in the other forum. Oh well. I meant to say the installation went very smooth.

John

Hey guys,

I've just installed an Autocom onto my RT. Indra LEDs went very smooth because of all the info and help I've received on this forum! :clap:

Now my question. Where\how did you attach the auto com's headrest connector for the rider and for the passenger? I sort of hate to use the sticky back thingy only because of what the sticky stuff might do to the paint or finish. With the bags on, where do you place the connector for the passenger? Does it go on the luggage rack next to the left side rail?

For the rider, did you stick it on the tank bag mounting cover just up from the seat?

Anyone have pictures of their setup they could share?

Runner (John)

Hello John, here's one way that could be done:

Back:

th_003-6.jpg

Front:

th_002-4.jpg

John

John -

I mounted my Autocom in the tail section of the bike and there was enough cable for the rider connector that I routed it up along the gas tank, then put the connector (held down by the sticky stuff) on the front of the left panel, so its just to the left of the tank bag rail system. From that, I run an extension to my helmet. But in that position, its out of the way, not in my crotch, and very nicely hidden when I'm not using it.

My passenger connector is coiled up under my seat because I don't have anyone that rides with me very often.

Jim

Archived