IGNORED

BMW Dealer Labor Rates

RTinNC

Just had my 1st service performed by my dealer. It was the 600 mile service. Cost was $165 and change. Installed Mobil 1 gear oil in the final drive too. Their shop rate is $70.00 per hour. They are always busy and seem to do a great job.

Jason

OK ... while my dealer at $112/hour may be on the high side $70 is unheard of in today's market. Consider yourself very lucky but please do not think that is a "normal" rate.

malcolmblalock

I've had Peter Bombar (Bombar's Beemers) do all of my non-warranty work on my 05 and 09 RTs. He's not fast, but he knows his stuff and intentionally goes slow so it's done right. I actually trust him (which is extremely rare for me to do).

I have no economic interest in his operation, but have found a good shop for beemers.

I've had Peter Bombar (Bombar's Beemers) do all of my non-warranty work on my 05 and 09 RTs. He's not fast, but he knows his stuff and intentionally goes slow so it's done right. I actually trust him (which is extremely rare for me to do).

I have no economic interest in his operation, but have found a good shop for beemers.

Have heard good things about him ... may ride up there and give him a try.

Archived