IGNORED

coldest temperature

mbohn

Let me clarify the question:

Assuming your bike spent at least 8 hours (overnight) in the low temperature.

NOT "it was in my garage and then I pulled it out and it was x degress F outside and I started it."

Let me clarify the question:

Assuming your bike spent at least 8 hours (overnight) in the low temperature.

NOT "it was in my garage and then I pulled it out and it was x degress F outside and I started it."

12F. Middle of a parking lot. 8-10 mph wind. Sucked. It did warm up to 17F though. I rode 800 miles. I'll never be the same either.

about 30*F at the Death Valley pre-run last year (after leaving my fuse block hot all night, 'cause I forgot to lock my forks again after showing off my Russell saddle! dopeslap.gif )

I wish I'd known then about the dang "pull in the clutch lever" when starting to keep from turning the tranny shaft and gears in the thick RedLine Shockproof Heavy tranny oil! eek.gif

It's a bit of a trick holding the fast idle lever up while holding in the clutch and thumbing the starter, but it can save you some serious cranking amps when you really need all you can get! cool.gif . . . not to mention the embarassment!! dopeslap.gif

-1F Thursday. But I decided not to ride 'cause it was chilly out wink.gif

It's gotten uncommonly cold early here (CT) this year. But it was nice today (38F) so out it came for some fun in the sun.

Jim

Lots of mornings in the single digits, after sitting out all night at the work parking lot. Never more than a 3 year old Odessey battery though, just for that reason, and 10w 40 weight oil.

What is the coldest temperature you ever started your bike?

-5F Started and rode 40 miles... No heated clothing. It was a K1100LT though. It was a bit nippy... Knew it was cold when I couldn't read the LCD display. Usually prefer 20F and above.

Archived