IGNORED

Shipping a 2000 R1100S

jack in burien

jack in burien

I need to ship a R1100S from Fl to Wa state. Has anyone had any experience with that distance to transport? Not sure what companies do that sort of thing, so I thought I would ask. jack in seattle :-)

Welcome on board.

The topic of shipping comes up regularly. Try the search function, or give it a day or so and someone will pipe up.

Try UShip.com

I have used them to place a shipping request twice, both times it worked out very well.

They will place your request, carriers will bid. Check referrals!

USHIP

U-Ship. Yes, they show those guys on tv. It's called "Shipping Wars".

Great bunch of characters. No insurance, no money for gas, bald tires, plenty of foul language, etc.

All the things that make for great tv at current cultural standards.

There are official, experienced motorcycle shippers out there. Eventually someone will post something about their experience with them.

Or search here further.

dc

Several years ago I contracted with someone that was with USHIP and got ripped off to the tune of 3800.00 for the repairs the shipper caused. I came to find out that I was not alone regaring problems caused by this shipper. I DO NOT recommend them. I'd suggest to contact a reliable motorcycle specific shipper that you could find through a goggle search or find via Cycle Trader. It'll cost you somewhere around 700 for a coast to coast. Good luck.

Guess y'all didn't check those referrals?

Anyone in any business is only as good as their least satisfied customer. And that customer tends to be vocal.

I used Keyboard to ship a bike from Chicago to NJ and couldn't be more pleased with the service and communication from them. The driver kept me updated as he neared NJ, and even diverted to a better drop off location that I suggested in the final couple of hours.

Archived