IGNORED

New (used) Rockster

Bill1948

Sold my 99 r1100r and bought a 04 Rockster. Great going to a six speed that almost shifts as well as a metric bike. The shocker is that today I spent over $280 for two stick coils. Great sport bike and you can actually almost sit up, it does have extensions. Has 27k and not sure if I will go to synthetic, bike always serviced by BMW shop with non synthetic oil. The Forum really helped me with the prior r1100r.

roger 04 rt
Sold my 99 r1100r and bought a 04 Rockster. Great going to a six speed that almost shifts as well as a metric bike. The shocker is that today I spent over $280 for two stick coils. Great sport bike and you can actually almost sit up, it does have extensions. Has 27k and not sure if I will go to synthetic, bike always serviced by BMW shop with non synthetic oil. The Forum really helped me with the prior r1100r.

Congrats on the new bike. How about a photo?

I prefer the Rockster to the standard R bike.

Much different ride and position, IMO.

Enjoy.

Green or copper?

Rockster is green, looked at a orange one but it did not have ABS. Mine has the Rockster fact windshield and I am surprised there is no buffeting compared to the shield on the r1000r. The bags are smaller and fit great. Also has a storage plate in place of passenger seat for traveling. Replacing stick coils made the bike come alive. Prior owner prepared it for selling and all services up to date including cam chain tensioner, and new Michelin Pilot Power front and rear. Would have preferred Pilot 2's, last longer. Power tires are more for canyon carving. Thanks for the comments.

Archived