IGNORED

Bill's Old Bike Barn

Paul Mihalka

Paul Mihalka

73bde620-1-1-1.jpg

In Bloomsburg PA. I've read about this place in the write-ups of last year's BMWMOA rally. Seemed interesting. Checked the maps (yeah, old fart, no GPS) and looked like a good one day round trip. Well worth the ride! Much bigger than you would think from the front. Old bikes, mostly unrestored, rooms full of old toys, two rooms full with hundreds of old cameras. With the roads I picked it was a 400+ mile day, a good one!

Some nice pieces:

A NSU built military "Kettenkrad" = chained motorcycle

6b753d55.jpg

A loaded BMW

e1291b50.jpg

This is a Harley Davidson (built on a KLR?)

9b94af04.jpg

A mint 500cc Moto Guzzi Falcone

2b1dac81.jpg

A beautiful delicate design little Moto Guzzi gem. I've never seen one like this, in life or picture. Must have been two slim light weight people to ride two-up

546d85cd.jpg

Part of the camera collection. Already at age 10 I had a box camera and from there it went on to many different ones including Speed Graphic. Very interesting to me

6f047aac.jpg

6019a9af.jpg

Nice n Easy Rider

Looks like a great spot to visit sometime. Thanks for the pics Paul. :)

A 400+ mile day, eh. Looks like that new fuel pump is working quite well. :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to get up there for years. Looks like a more cluttered version of the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley.........my kind of place :)

My wife & I and another couple rode up to Bloomsburg on a weekend getaway and our first stop was going to be Bills. On the ride up we got lost and didn't arrive in Bloomsburg until a little after 3pm, which was their closing time on Saturday. We pulled into the parking lot and Bill's family was having a get together in the front of the barn so we started to get back on our bikes when Bill walked over and asked us if we were here to see the museum. When told him about getting lost on the way up and he graciously invited us in even though he was closed for the day. We had the entire place to ourselves, and it is amazing. What a great guy to do that for us.

I've been meaning to get up there for years. Looks like a more cluttered version of the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley.........my kind of place :)

I stopped in there a couple of years ago, it is a great place to spend time. I would not call it cluttered, everything is organized in a display but the displays cover the walls ceilings and floors.

Archived