IGNORED

2013 BMW MOA Rally

rickmoen

is in Salem, Oregon, on July 18-20, 2013, according to several websites I've browsed. Nothing on the official MOA website, however.

I saw that last week, it is mentioned in the MOA Rally forum on their website. It probably won't be on the front page until after the rally this year.

I am sure that Salem OR will be a much better place than Lima OH or Sedalia MO.

Except for the mini hurricane that blew threw, I enjoyed the Lima, Ohio National. As for Sedalia, MO, I'll find out when I get there. The wife and are will be in attendance. Oregon is a beautiful state. I made the 2001 MOA National in Redmond. This will be the third MOA National in Oregon in the past 11 years.

Well, before any one goes to GA-GA over the 2013 MOA rally site yah otta look at it on Google Earth. Great gobs folks, no freaking trees no where in the open fields that will probably be where we camp. Kinda like Morganton.

Must be that none of the MOA staff stays anywhere other than a 1st class motel...at the MOA members expense, mind you!

But, there will be lots to see and do in the area, Willamette Valley wineries and the Columbia River Gorge nearby. And the Oregon coast.

Well, before any one goes to GA-GA over the 2013 MOA rally site yah otta look at it on Google Earth. Great gobs folks, no freaking trees no where in the open fields that will probably be where we camp. Kinda like Morganton.

Must be that none of the MOA staff stays anywhere other than a 1st class motel...at the MOA members expense, mind you!

But, there will be lots to see and do in the area, Willamette Valley wineries and the Columbia River Gorge nearby. And the Oregon coast.

Sunny summer days in the Willamette Valley tend to be mild. The sunny spots are usually considered a good thing. If it does rain the tree just collects water into larger droplets and wet branches can fall on your tent. Typically much different from Eastern Oregon. That being said we sometimes get a stretch of a few days in the upper 90's and low 100's. The hot temps evaporate a lot of water quickly and when that happens, what goes up must come down.

But it definitley can be quite hot that time of year. It's a crapshoot but if we're going to see 100, odds are it will happen in late July/early August.

Archived