IGNORED

New 2006 K1200S

mark5lam

Happy Day (so long as I don't look at my check book register). My bank account is allot smaller that it was 4 hours ago but I'm now the proud owner of a brand new Graphite Gray K1200S. It's the loaded version, ABS, ESA, BC and I left feeling very pleased with the deal.

I'm sure I'll have some questions or opinions to share as soon as I get some time in the saddle. For now let me ask this of you all:

Mine came with Brigstone BT-014 tires. Anyone have any opinion on them compared to my preferred tire the Pilot Power?

If you have experience with the BT-014's on the K1200S, what tire pressures do you recommend?

Also, In an earlier post, I wondered why BMW opted not to install insulation in the inside of the faring on the 06 K12S as they did on the 05's. Anyone have any insight on this?

Calvin  (no socks)

The insulation may have been a cost cutting measure. grin.gif

They saved a bunch on the tool kits....DAMHIK

I am working on 4300 miles on the Metzlers.. I have a new set ready to mount...

Have fun breaking it in... clap.gif

The insulation may have been a cost cutting measure. grin.gif

They saved a bunch on the tool kits....DAMHIK

Don't forget about cutting out the "extra key" and center stand.

BC is Germnan for "bord computer", I believe. In other words, the bike conputer, with the "BC" button on the bars. Gives you readouts on avg speed, mpg etc.

Congratulations clap.gif.

After seeing the new K1200Gt at Long Beach I think you've made the right decision.

Now if you need someone to test ride it for you, well, we are in the same area code grin.gif

Enjoy

Congratulations clap.gif.

After seeing the new K1200Gt at Long Beach I think you've made the right decision.

Now if you need someone to test ride it for you, well, we are in the same area code grin.gif

Enjoy

I too had the same feeling after seeing the new GT at Long Beach. The K12S is more my style.

Test ride it for me?.... That bike is done being test ridden. Now it's just gonna be ridden. Thanks for the offer though grin.gif

Archived