IGNORED

need owners advice

spivey williams

spivey williams

i am 63 years old and have been riding most of my life, i have had many different motorcycles including a couple of bmw's. i really have the hots for a k1200r but i am not sure of a couple of things, i really am concerned over the riding position, i really dont fit well on all out sport bikes due to middle age spread if you know what i mean, i really like the looks of the k1200 but i have no dealer close to me to set on one to try it out, my friend has a busa with 1 in raised bars that i can ride but not for a long time, i need an owners opnion before i just buy one. i know they are rockets but that is ok i ride with some since, thanks

Paul Mihalka

The K1200R has a much more upright riding position than the K1200S. Try to get in touch with our friend Whip, he had one and put some miles on it. You'll get good information from him.

Dennis Andress

In Whip's link he mentioned that the ride is on the firm side. At 220 lbs, I found that my K13S' front shock needed more preload. I don't have ESA, and don't believe the ESA bikes adjust front spring preload anyway, but it was a PITA to adjust. It did make the ride better, but I'm still wishing for Ohlins...

Go here and compare ergos

really good site linked a while ago by ???

Take a look at all the K variations, the older flying bricks are more upright and the new GT's the most upright.

Calvin  (no socks)

I have a '05 12s. Upright riding, 1200 mile days in succession, no bar backs, no adjustments, no pain...but you are in the wind, and must have a quiet helmet!

Archived