IGNORED

R1200RT tank bag options

David_S

The BMW bag was just too big for me. The Big Mack won't work because my GPS is mounted between the bars so it won't be allowed to flip forward for fueling. I'm currently running a Tourmaster Mighty mini that works well and is easy to remove for fueling but I'd like something a little larger. Does anyone know of another bag that fits the R12RT tank fairly well and will allow the GPS mounted on a BMW mount between the bars to be seen? If the mount for the BMW bag could be purchased separate from the bag that would be sweet thumbsup.gif

The BMW bag was just too big for me. Does anyone know of another bag that fits the R12RT tank fairly well and will allow the GPS mounted on a BMW mount between the bars to be seen?

As far as I know, no one has one on the market yet that makes use of the built-in mounting system on the bike. I know that Wunderlich is working on one, but the prototype photo I saw looked as big as the BMW unit.

I thought you were selling your RT?

I'm trying to sell it but if it doesn't sell I'll go ahead and add a few more things that I'd like to have then wait for spring bncry.gif The BMW bag would probably be more acceptable to me (even though it's huge) if it had some type of divider system rather than being one huge pit.

The BMW bag would probably be more acceptable to me (even though it's huge) if it had some type of divider system rather than being one huge pit.

You ought to see the one for the R12GS if you haven't already. I can dang near CAMP in that thing!

As far as I know, no one has one on the market yet that makes use of the built-in mounting system on the bike. I know that Wunderlich is working on one, but the prototype photo I saw looked as big as the BMW unit.

I wish someone would make or BMW would sell, at reasonable price, an attachment plate like that used on the BMW R12RT bag. If you could buy just the attachment plate, you could use it to attach any sized bag you want or just a simple map holder or some fancy electronics like some Ironbutt riders use and still have the quick-on/quick off advantage of the BMW bag. There's an idea for one of you entrepreneurs out there!

Brian

R1200RT

Archived