IGNORED

Madstad Engineering Wind Shields

ElevenFifty

ElevenFifty

Madstad Engineering makes an adjustable windshield system that I really like. I helped install 2 of them on friends bikes, a KTM 990 and a Ducati. They have pre-designed kits for a number of BMW's and a 'diy' kit if your bike is not listed.

On the KTM, Madstad had sent a set of brackets that were the wrong angle. Their response was to send a replacement set out immediately.

After installing the first two, I bought a 'diy' kit for my F650 Classic. I am quite pleased. This is not a 'quick change' kind of system. It takes two hands, a hex key and a 10mm wrench to make an adjustment but it CAN be tuned.

On my first 200 miler behind the shield, the buffeting was awful at 50+ ... a 5 minute stop and an adjustment to the angle of the shield to open up the gap at the bottom and the buffeting was gone.

They have multiple shield shapes and sizes (made by Cee Bailey, I believe) so you can pretty much get anything you want. There is no reason to "live with" a fixed shield. This little Madstad device is a winner ... entire system cost is just a little over $200.00

DH

Archived