IGNORED

Go Cruise throttle lock

ElevenFifty

ElevenFifty

Those of us without cruise control benefit from having some kind of 'throttle lock' device. For our machines these are all of the 'twist to lock' bar end variety.

These guys have a cute little $20 option that works great. I took a small zip tie and ran it through the cutouts to create a clamp to very slightly tighten the tension on my RT and F650 bikes ... with this 'fine adjustment' in place, I give this device 5 stars. Very easy to set ... just use your forefinger and it's done ... Additional benefit is that gloves are just not an issue.

IMHO this is a Koako-Throttlemeister killer. Cheap and it works!

Nice gadget. Certainly easier than the bar-end CC's I've experienced. Does it seem to be causing any wear problems on the BMW heated grips?

ElevenFifty
Nice gadget. Certainly easier than the bar-end CC's I've experienced. Does it seem to be causing any wear problems on the BMW heated grips?

Just installed it, but they come with little silicon rubber(?) bands that you can use between the lever and your grips. The purpose is to increase friction but on the F650 the vibration was a little too much even with the bank in place. That's when I used the zip tie to get it just a smidge tighter.

DH

Neat. My RT came with a Throttlemeister, which works well enough, but is a PITA to engage/disengage without removing your hand from the throttle (I usually use my left hand). Did anybody notice the irony of the caption to the demonstration video: Always keep both hands on the handlebars.

I have heard this can snap in two pretty easy. I don't have one so I don't know this first hand.

Yep.... Mine broke after only it's second use but in all fairness it was a cold day so the material wasn't as flexible as it would have been.

EffBee,

The silicone rubber band mentioned in other replies is installed over your heated grips and takes all the wear... +1 on this simple device.

Archived