IGNORED

Life after ESA .. help please

Stephen H

I have 20km (12,000miles) on my RT ... I have ESA which has been great BUT over the couple of thousand miles I have noticed a distinct deterioration of the rear shock performance. I am usually two up (combined weight 450lb) no smart comments please, I aready know !!

I am thinking of upgrading to Olhin rear (had one on my 1150 and loved it) but I am a little concerned

1) What will the CANBUS think about the rear shock being unplugged ?

2) Will the front ESA still work ?

Any experience or advice would be appreciated

Why not just change the spring and keep it on the bike.

If you change the rear shock body you need to do the front also. If the bike is still under warranty take it in and tell them to fix it.(it must be broken before a fix can be performed) confused.gif

The E.S.A. is a great setup. If the stock spring is weak you can upgrade it and keep the E.S.A. thumbsup.gif

Spoke to my local dealer yesterday about this same situation. First off, warrenty will only cover the shock if it is leaking. Second, if you really want to remove the ESA and go with aftermarket shocks, the dealer can disable ESA thru the GT1 computer, it is an option just like an alarm or heated seats and can be disabled. That way, the can bus will not even look for it and not flag any faults.

Later

Archived