IGNORED

ABS lights flashing

Turbodog

I just changed all the brake pads front and rear and flushed the lines and now the ABS lights on the dash are doing their flashing thing. Anyone had this happen after changing pads?

Two thoughts.

1) Have you tried resetting them (ground Pin 2, key on, switch down for 8 seconds)?

2) Did you check the clearance on the sensor? It shouldn't have been affected by changing pads, but is worth checking anyway.

I just changed all the brake pads front and rear and flushed the lines and now the ABS lights on the dash are doing their flashing thing. Anyone had this happen after changing pads?

Tell these guys if the lights are flashing alternately or both at the same time? What happens if you hit the ABS switch?? My guess is you need to reset as described in another answer but the experts here can diagnose what the lights are telling you but you need to give them more info. --Jerry

Joe Frickin' Friday
I just changed all the brake pads front and rear and flushed the lines and now the ABS lights on the dash are doing their flashing thing.

Their flashing thing?

-Do they flash together? This is normal, and should stop when you roll over ~3 MPH.

-Do they flash alternately? OK, problem. If so, then two more questions:

1. Do they reset to flash-together when you turn the key off/on? If so, then probably low battery.

2. Do they persist after a key off/on cycle? If so, then you've got other issues. Click here, go to pages 71-72 for instructions on how to read/intrepret the error code from the diagnostic connector under your saddle. Let us know what you find.

Their flashing thing?

Yeah, that was pretty imprecise, sorry all.

-Do they flash together? This is normal, and should stop when you roll over ~3 MPH.

That I did know

-Do they flash alternately? OK, problem. If so, then two more questions:

Alternately

1. Do they reset to flash-together when you turn the key off/on? If so, then probably low battery.

Yes, they reset to flash together.

2. Do they persist after a key off/on cycle? If so, then you've got other issues. Click here, go to pages 71-72 for instructions on how to read/intrepret the error code from the diagnostic connector under your saddle. Let us know what you find.

Now that I didn't do since I had finaly realized that someone must have had a similar problem before me and they had. Teach me to remember to do a search BEFORE I post a question. I tried the rolling reset offered by another member in the past and that seems to have done the trick. No more flashing ABS lights. Should I get them again I'll check the code first.

Thanks for the replys General and others.

Archived