IGNORED

Ride Tale Classic: Pep Meets Arizona Al...

Pep

Just got a call from Al on my cell, and we thought it would be fun to share this...

Back in 1999, Al and I were both members of a BMW K1200RS forum [still are]... I live in Maryland, and Al in Arizona, so we only knew each other from our respective posts... I had an epic ride planned for that summer, and I was posting routes and getting ideas for places to ride in Colorado, Utah, etc. from other members of the forum... When I had the route planned out, I posted it, and got an e-mail from Al... "Hey, Pep!... I'm travelling north from Arizona at the time you're going to be in Colorado... Our paths are going to cross... Wouldn't it be funny if we met?"... Yeeeeeah, Al... Right...

So anyway, many days and several thousand riding miles later, I'm in Colorado enjoying the ride of my life... I had just passed through a small town when I came upon some road construction... There was a flagman there stopping traffic intermittently, so I decided it was as good a time as any to duck into a service station for some gas and a Gatorade... Fueled up the bike, slammed down a Gatorade, and decided I'd better empty the bladder before I took off... When I came out of the rest room, I noticed the flagman had a very long line of vehicles stopped, and about 1/8 of a mile up was a red K1200RS just like mine... I thought, "What the heck: I'll trot on up and say hello"... So I jogged up to the bike, and said: "Nice red K12... I got one just like it over there... My Name's George Pepper"... "YOU GOTTA BE $#!*ING ME!!!... AL SCHIBI!!!"... I was dumbfounded... We started laughing our @$$es off!... It was one of the best riding experiences I've ever had, and I wasn't even on the bike... There's a pic of that one-in-a-million chance-meeting on my Home Page...

Thanks for the call, and thanks for the memory, Al! laugh.gif ...

Pep <><

I recall that meeting like it was yesterday---- What were the chances of that happening? Hope you can make it back out to Colorado this summer and maybe we can have another reunion at Ridgeway, Colorado. cool.gifcool.gif

Archived