IGNORED

Tomorrow I will make people point and laugh!

Effervescent

1036.jpg

1037.jpg

I have been waiting for this day for 2 years (that's when I conceived this idea)!

Mounted San-tee last night. Tomorrow I ride into work in 30 degree weather.

And, yes, he dances.

-Eff

Funny.....you've gotten some pretty attention-catching things on the back of that bike. I recall the ride you gave one of your co-workers once.

Cool pic & idea. I've always had the idea of hanging a hillbilly puppet with a straw hat with his hands fixed solidly to the rear luggage rack. As you pick up speed the puppet would appear to be hangin' on fer dear life. Someday!

I have that feeling that your going to get alot of finger pointing indeed, specialy if you can reach back and make him dance at stop lights...funny, i just visualised his little whit ball on his hat fluttering rappidly and then...Ricocheting of someones windshield grin.gif

Too bad you can't tie the power in with your brake circuit.

Every time you slow down Santa starts dancin'. grin.gif

You'll get plenty of looks fer sure. thumbsup.gif

;)

I can't put into words how successful this is!

Cars were beepin', cargo vans were thumbs uppin' me...

I made a sign encouraging folks/kids to push the button that makes Santa dance (once parked) and I'm taking spy shots from up in the Brownstone.

We had a huge staff meeting with people from all over the Country and it's all people could take about during breakfast.

-Eff

Not to change the subject but why is it that most people cover there license plate when posting a picture but will post a picture of a child or loved one with no problem? I'm just curious. I can't imagine what one would do with the #s from a license plate.

Good question, I have wondered about that for years. All the vehicles out in the traffic have lice plates in plain sight, and I don't think most folks feel that violates their privacy.

--

Mikko

Here's my thoughts on the matter:

With a plate number and a trip to DMV (and about $5) I can get all sorts the info on the vehicle's owner. Then with about 20 seconds and a few choice websites, I usually can get everything from a google satelite pic of your place and it's surrounding to (I can even make out the picnic table in my backyard on that site and the vehicle in my driveway!), a convenient listing of driving directions from mapquest (complete with estimated times and mileage).

Often I can find their phone number online, and some other stuff like age/birthplace...whatever.

After a week or so of calls from a payphone I have pretty much figured out your work schedule and what-not. Then I lift that bike, or the car I saw in their garage, or that expensive watch I saw them post about in another forum with your same username.

Couple that with the fact that online, potentially, many many more thieves (note: I didn't say people) (particularly with linking to other boards) have "seen" that plate then a bunch of half-sleeping 9-5'ers on my morning commute who have other fish on the plate to fry then doing harm to me...

Also, a "friend of mine" has posted the results a street racing against an expensive Italian car that rev on him at a light. He wouldn't want "the man" to have easy access exact who he is.

It's all about self-preservation...

whereas posting the visage of a friend/family member ain't really gonna increase the chance of my personal info out and the chance of my carbon fiber turn signals housing lifted.

-Eff

1036.jpg

Hell, it might all still get lifted. But by placing San-Tee in front of plate and placing a finger in the right place, I've made it that much harder.

For me, there's always this juggle between sharing stuff about our lives with online friends and protecting our assets.

-Eff

Yeah I like the looks of that M-3 in the background... I'll be on the look out for a bike with a dancing Santa so I can get your plate number and then follow the instructions you spelled out grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Yeah I like the looks of that M-3 in the background... I'll be on the look out for a bike with a dancing Santa so I can get your plate number and then follow the instructions you spelled out grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

D-oh!

-Eff

Here are my thoughts on your thoughts...

.45acp

Help yourself to anything you feel like risking your life for.

Joe

Here's my thoughts on the matter:

With a plate number and a trip to DMV (and about $5) I can get all sorts the info on the vehicle's owner. Then with about 20 seconds and a few choice websites, I usually can get everything from a google satelite pic of your place and it's surrounding to (I can even make out the picnic table in my backyard on that site and the vehicle in my driveway!), a convenient listing of driving directions from mapquest (complete with estimated times and mileage).

Often I can find their phone number online, and some other stuff like age/birthplace...whatever.

After a week or so of calls from a payphone I have pretty much figured out your work schedule and what-not. Then I lift that bike, or the car I saw in their garage, or that expensive watch I saw them post about in another forum with your same username.

Couple that with the fact that online, potentially, many many more thieves (note: I didn't say people) (particularly with linking to other boards) have "seen" that plate then a bunch of half-sleeping 9-5'ers on my morning commute who have other fish on the plate to fry then doing harm to me...

Also, a "friend of mine" has posted the results a street racing against an expensive Italian car that rev on him at a light. He wouldn't want "the man" to have easy access exact who he is.

It's all about self-preservation...

whereas posting the visage of a friend/family member ain't really gonna increase the chance of my personal info out and the chance of my carbon fiber turn signals housing lifted.

-Eff

I'm glad you had a blast lifting people's spirits. I'm also glad that nobody got so fixated on ole Santa that they bumped you while riding. smile.gif While I'm at it, it's nice that people could push the play button for Santa and not push the bike over. clap.gif Keep having fun and leave Joe Rocket's stuff alone. tongue.gif

Here are my thoughts on your thoughts...

.45acp

Joe, let's drop the gun discussion, please. There are plenty of boards for that, and I don't think we need to go down that path here. Thanks! wink.gif

That's terrific!

How nice to make people smile. Wish every season 'twas the season to do that. smile.gif

Take care and be well.

Heidi

ps. i think santee appears to have a shoei head..

Archived