IGNORED

Holder Made Just for Toll Tags

Aluminum_Butt

Aluminum_Butt

For those in the western suburbs of Chicago, today's Daily Herald has a 4-page pullout dedicated to motorcycling. Given the kind of media coverage we usually get, I thought that was pretty cool.

At any rate, there is an article on an item dedicated to holding your toll tag on. I'll probably keep mine in my tank bag, but thought it was worth passing on. Here's a link.

>>>JJ Cycle Pass<<<

For those in the western suburbs of Chicago, today's Daily Herald has a 4-page pullout dedicated to motorcycling. Given the kind of media coverage we usually get, I thought that was pretty cool.

At any rate, there is an article on an item dedicated to holding your toll tag on. I'll probably keep mine in my tank bag, but thought it was worth passing on. Here's a link.

>>>JJ Cycle Pass<<<

my local shop sells a tag holder for 6.95. Its been on my bike for about 6500 miles and well worth the 7 dollars..

My EZPass did not work very well in my tank bag or even in the breast pocket of my riding jacket. I ended up mounting it with Velcro to the fairing panel above the instruments on my R12RT - works every time there. The tag was white and reflected on to the windshield, so I painted it flat black to match the panel it's attached to and now it's hardly noticable to me or to a would-be thief. I'm happy with this arrangement.

Brian

I wrapped my Ez-Pass in flat black gaffer's tape. I was wondering how they would react (or charge me) if I painted it black. In case people don't already know, every couple of years they send you a replacement tag and you have to send back the one you're using.

I tried mounting an EZ Pass all different ways. I tried it on my windshield, in my tank bag, in my jacket pocket, etc., but no matter what I tried, it would not work consistently and reliably.

The solution, for me, was to get an external mount unit and zip tie it to the fork, under the front fender. It is not visible, and it works virtually 100% of the time. Plus it is made for external use, so it should be fine with water and road grit. The external tags are usually mounted to the front license plate of a car, so the width is just right for the front fork of my Roadster.

Archived