IGNORED

2005 RT vs. 2006RT

Lawman

I've got me a scheme working to try to get another RT..Has to do with getting the wife some new furniture and floors..

Definately has to have cruise so that means 05 or 06..What are the differences in them? thx...Wish me luck!

P.S. This plan includes keeping my Harley just because I've never gotten rid of a motorcycle that I didn't regret losing.....I've never had a bad motorcycle thumbsup.gif

Definately has to have cruise so that means 05 or 06..What are the differences in them?

I think the '05 still had the hazard warning button on the handlebar switch housing. (any '05'ers confirm that?) I know that is gone with the '06 and you have to activate and cancel the flashers with the turn-signal paddles. Also, there may be different location for the termperature thermister.

Oh, and the '06 is FASTER thumbsup.gif

From what I understand, nothing much.

The hazard switch has been removed, function replaced by pressing both turn signals.

The temperature sensor was moved to the front, under the fairing.

For the '06's most everything is an option now as indicated by the lower starting price.

Good luck with your plan!

Bill

Your wifes a good negotiator....maybe you should send her to the dealership while you work on the floors. grin.gif

Don't forget to PM me when you get the bike...I'll meet you halfway......

Larry

Archived