IGNORED

Ahhhhhhhhhhh........ (Subtitled: Rick Mayer's Seats are wonderful)

Joe_Rocket

Hi Gang,

A few days ago I had the pleasure of coming home to find the front and rear seats I ordered from Rick Mayer sitting at my front door.

The seats I ordered were leather, setup for dual riding and are heated front and rear seat (from the factory.

I installed the seats and went on my first longish ride today and all I can say is WOW! What a difference over the stock seat. I'm not kidding when I say that this new seat makes the old factory seat feel like a piece of concrete. Not only is the new seat vastly more comfortable (350 miles on the stock seat and I literally had to stand up at every light to stop the pain), but I think it looks nicer and it clearly absorbs more shock and vibration than the factory seat.

The new seat makes my R1200RT feel so much better smile.gif

In addition to the quality and comfort of the seat, Rick Mayer is a joy to do business with. Good communication, EXCELLENT customer service and you can tell he takes great pride in the work he does (I guess his lifetime guarantee says all that needs to be said about quality).

All in all... I'm a very happy customer.

Here are some pictures of my new seats.

Image0.html

Image1.html

Image2.html

Image3.html

Image4.html

Image5.html

Image6.html

Image7.html

Can you post or send me a picture of the red thread; I'd love to see it.

Wow, almost looks just like mine. I got the red thread - Rick really liked the way it came out.

Very nice. Rick sent me an email a few days ago to tell me that my seat has been finished and should arrive next week! I am very excited. I ordered a Rick Mayer saddle based on my riding buddy's incredibly great experience with his. He could not do more than 50 miles without stopping on his stock RT1150 seat. His Rick Mayer arrived the day before he left on a 4600 mile tour. Without even breaking it in or trying it out, he did the tour on the Rick Mayer saddle and could ride from tank to tank with zero discomfort - amazing!

I don't see the attachment... could you send it to joew at diveaz.com?

Thanks!

I attached a picture. Let me know if you can't open it for some reason.

Has your pillion been on? If so how do they like it? I'm planning on a seat this winter and wanted to go with Rick mainly for the price but I had some concerns about pillion comfort. The pics on his sight don't look like he did much work to the passenger seat but I can see from your pics that he did. My passenger has trouble with sliding forward and ends up with sore legs from using her legs to keep her from sliding. Thanks for posting the pics thumbsup.gif

I have a seat from Rick. He does address the sliding forward for the passenger. The passenger seat is not flat like the stock seat. I also had him repad and cover the topcase backrest. He was great to deal with. He actually put too much padding in the topcase backrest for my wife so I sent it back to him and he redid it and turned it around in a couple of days.

2004 R1150RT

Has your pillion been on? If so how do they like it? I'm planning on a seat this winter and wanted to go with Rick mainly for the price but I had some concerns about pillion comfort. The pics on his sight don't look like he did much work to the passenger seat but I can see from your pics that he did. My passenger has trouble with sliding forward and ends up with sore legs from using her legs to keep her from sliding. Thanks for posting the pics thumbsup.gif

rick will do several things to the rear seat.

either recntour and cover as in the first set of pictures or recover the rear to match the front as in the attachment in the post. he calls it solo or dual. if you have a pillon the dual is what you want!

As someone already posted... Rick will custom build the rear seat for your pillion, taking the same measurements from your passenger that he does from you before he builds the rear seat. My wife rode with me this weekend and she absolutely loved the new rear seat. As you can tell if you examine my new rear seat and compare it to the stock seat; it provides much more support and flat surface area. I've only done a few upgrades to my R1200RT, but this one tops the list.

Joe

On the other hand, I ride alone - no SO - so all I had Rick do was recover the pillion to match. See the attachment to my earlier post.

And Joe what's with the cool cars??

My wife's yellow RX-8 is in the background and you can see part of my Porsche 911 turbo... the RX-8 is stock and the Porsche has been modified to 640hp with Porsche GT2 turbochargers, 100cell racing cats, ECU re-flash (three programs; stock, high performance, and racing modes) and a fabspeed exhaust.

I also have (but you can't see in the pictures) a 1964 Corvair Spyder Convertible (turbocharged Corvair).

Not counting my wife's car, all of my vehicles are boxer engines smile.gif

I'm somewhat of a gearhead

And Joe what's with the cool cars??

Archived