IGNORED

New RT saddle

Tom V

I have no experience with Rick Mayer seats, but I am riding on Russell Day Longs since 1986 and a few hundred thousand miles and in my biased opinion there can't be anything better.

Which do you like? The Russell day long saddles or the Rick Mayer saddles?

No experience with Mayer, but I had 5 years on a Russell on a Kawasaki Concours (pre-R12RT) and loved it.thumbsup.gif

--Tom--

I have Rick redo four seats for me. I put 50k miles on the '97 RT, about 5k on the PD, wife has about 20k on the RS and I've ownly got 6k on the '05 RT.

Everyone of them became a new bike with the Rick Mayer seat.

As far as I can tell, you can't go wrong with either the Russell or the Rick Mayer seats.

Gadget Magnet

I've had 4 Rick Mayer saddles and now I have a Russell. I wouldn't get any other saddle.. The Rick Mayer saddle is very good, but for the long distance rider, Russell is the way to go, which by the way is the invention of Rick's dad, Bill Sr. who sold the seat design and business to Russell. When they say Day Long, they mean it. It's worth every penny.

Which do you like? The Russell day long saddles or the Rick Mayer saddles?

Currently running a Bill Mayer on mine and love it... I've had Bill's seats on the last 4 bikes, and have also run a Russel on a Concours.. All good, just the Bill Mayer seems to suit me the best.

Craig

Just downloaded the order form for Russell....ignore my ignorance but do I have to send them my old seat(s)?

If so I'd better do this in winter.

Just downloaded the order form for Russell....ignore my ignorance but do I have to send them my old seat(s)?

yep

Gadget Magnet
do I have to send them my old seat(s)?

Some bikes, they provide a new seat pan, but for yours, you'll need to send you old seat. I sent mine in early Nov. expecting it to be completed in Dec, as they said. The seat was done within a week of its arrival and was promptly shipped.

What about Corbin or Wunderlich. I use wunderlich low because of seat height and its very comfortable, but loved my heated corbin as well- absolutely no butt burn. Ive heard good things about the Russell seats. I had a Sargent but wasnt impressed.

Gadget Magnet
What about Corbin or Wunderlich. I use wunderlich low because of seat height and its very comfortable, but loved my heated corbin as well- absolutely no butt burn. Ive heard good things about the Russell seats. I had a Sargent but wasnt impressed.

Corbin and Wunderlich seats are not custom built seats to suit your inseam, your weight and height, they are mass production seats, corbin makes their own seat pan, so on some bikes, the seat pan does not fit as well as the stock seat pan. If you are considering a Russell Day Long saddle, nothing else will come close for all day comfort. thumbsup.gif

Corbin seats have a breakin period...supposed to mold to your rear....I have one on the RT it's pretty good.... maybe my rear molded to it...

Larry

Have a Rick Mayer and absolutely love it... can't compare it to a Russell since I've never ridden one. One thing I can tell you; both will be better than the stock seat smile.gif

Joe

Archived