IGNORED

Road Fatalities Map for the USA

BerndM

Kind of misleading since it does not appear to take into account population density and miles traveled per fatality.

Although NV appears to have the fewest fatalities, it may be one of the highest for fatalities per 100,000 miles.

I think it tells me that no place is safe. You have to watch what you are doing, no matter where you are.

dc

Yep... all roads lead to death.

Careful out there.

As usual with technology it looks nice and official, but it's WAY off. My little town should have WELL over 50 fatalities, but many are missing.

I'm certain it's wrong because I was out there for almost all of them.

Still, it's neat but inaccurate.

As usual with technology it looks nice and official, but it's WAY off. My little town should have WELL over 50 fatalities, but many are missing.

I noticed the same thing. There were a few that I did not recognize, and some that were missing. I'd have either responded to or at least heard of any fatality in our area. Collecting and entering all that data is a difficult task to be sure.

DaveTheAffable
As usual with technology it looks nice and official, but it's WAY off.... .. Still, it's neat but inaccurate.

I agree, it has issues. But I noticed that the yellow = motorcycle death. And when I look at Angeles Crest Highway here in southern california there are a BUNCH of yellow dots. I already knew that, but seeing it graphically displayed was a sobering reminder of that roads history.

There are some very interesting things about that data.

In Boston there seems to be younger riders and out in the nice riding areas of western MA, the older riders . . . m m m m

Sad to see so many age >70 walkers.

I noticed the same thing. There were a few that I did not recognize, and some that were missing. I'd have either responded to or at least heard of any fatality in our area. Collecting and entering all that data is a difficult task to be sure.

I sure it the same where I am at, but there could be 3 different agencies that could repsonded to/report a traffic fatality. If it's in the city, could be the Highway Patrol, City or County. They are suppose to report them to the state, but I sure that can have errors too.

There are some place mc dots outnumber the others.

South Dakota has such an area.

Are they all within 50 miles of Sturgis?

Alaska looks like the safest place to ride. Of course, that may be related to the absence of roads. And people.

Archived