IGNORED

SHIFT LEVER HELP PLEASE

4rugby

PLEASE HELP THE BALL JOINT THAT CONNECTS TO THE SHIFT LEVER

DICONNECTYED FROM THE SHIFT LEVER BMW IS SENDING ME THE NUT THAT HOLDS IT TO THE SHIFT LEVER BUT THE BOLT IS THREDED HOW DO YOU CONNECT THE SCREW TO THE SHIFT LEVER AS IT IS

THREDED AND IT DOES NOT JUST PUSH THROUGH.. HELP confused.gif

If you're talking about the bolt with the ball end that screws into the arm I'm not sure why you're getting a nut as I don't see one on the diagram. I assume you mean #5 on the 1100RT drawing as the 1150RT drawing does not have a #5 and the ball-bolt does not have a number--it's the one that screws into the middle of the arm, right? Won't it just screw right back into the arm or am I missing something?

it will screw in but to do that you have to take off thr footplate then unscrew the ball joint then screw it into the shift lever. is there a better way???

Not sure about removing the footplate, it's a tight fit to get your hand in behind the plate. There are only a few screws holding the footplate on so that shouldn't be a big deal to do if have to.

This unscrewed from my shifter at 10 pm when I was 2000 miles from home! I pushed into a gas station and got out a light and screwed it back together. I got burnt on the cat converter and cussed alot. The next morning I used a wrench from the tool kit and tightened the ball in as best I could in the motel parking lot. When I got home I took the footpeg plate off, and rethreaded the part using a dab of locktight. No more problems for 18 months. It's a tight fit if you do not remove the plate.

Thank you for your support the bike is fixed thank you again if you find yourself in palm springs ,ca give me a call 760-880-3263

Dane Smith thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived