IGNORED

Re: Battery and tender

Junkman3353

Question for the masses: I need to replace the battery in my '89 K-75C. I'd also like to get a battery tender so that I don't HAVE TO replace it in some time. I'm 60 miles from the nearest dealer so I'd like to buy one locally. Which of the major battery sellers (O'Rielly, AutoZone, NAPA) would be likely to carry an appropriate battery? The bike came with a BMW battery tender but it gave up the ghost about 10 years ago and I never replaced it. The bike has the plug in accessory outlet on the left side. What tender would be appropriate? Thanks in advance

Aluminum_Butt

Many here recommend Odyssey batteries. Looks like your bike would take a PC680 (which is very common among BMW's). Here's a link to the application guide:

HERE is a link to the application guide.

I've also had pretty good luck with Westco (which is also what my dealer sells). 12V/20P is the correct battery from them.

HERE is their application guide.

Generally accepted answer around here for the battery tender is, well, The Battery Tender. I'm pretty sure they make the BMW charger - no proof, except they look EXACTLY the same, save the color and logo.

I live in the Chicago area. Even with that I don't find that there are many places (outside the dealer) to buy a motorcycle battery. Walmart carries a limited selection. Autozone didn't have any when I looked. I can find them at battery specialty stores, like Batteries Plus, but the price is high. I generally buy online.

Archived