IGNORED

Can we resurect RideSmart? PLEASE?

Huzband

With many threads of late about riding techniques, including KISS the mirrors, rain riding, Keith Code, among others, it occurs to me it's been way too long since the last RS class. Which to my recollection was way back in '08. Shame on us for not continuing the education of our beloved riding brothers & sisters.

As such, I have a proposal. We have an annual RideSmart school. Once a year (that's what annual is) at a designated area. Doesn't always have to be same exact town, but it must be an area that would work well for the course.

Since this is my idea, I'd be willing to do the heavy lifting to coordinate the logistics. Whadda ya say, Shawn?

With many threads of late about riding techniques, including KISS the mirrors, rain riding, Keith Code, among others, it occurs to me it's been way too long since the last RS class. Which to my recollection was way back in '08. Shame on us for not continuing the education of our beloved riding brothers & sisters.

As such, I have a proposal. We have an annual RideSmart school. Once a year (that's what annual is) at a designated area. Doesn't always have to be same exact town, but it must be an area that would work well for the course.

Since this is my idea, I'd be willing to do the heavy lifting to coordinate the logistics. Whadda ya say, Shawn?

Since I put the last class together, I will gladly help since it has saved my hide many a time.

As one new to this community, I had heard about RideSmart but never participated. Several of us were having dinner together at RCR this year, and Foote was discussing it.

I very much hope this comes to fruition, and would be glad to help out in any way I can, but I would be attending as a first time learner.

Lone_RT_rider
I sure could use some training, well actually a lot.

Terry

Danny, I will do one in the spring. I am willing to commit to this. I promise this won't be a stay at the probably inn.

Shawn

Terry

Danny, I will do one in the spring. I am willing to commit to this. I promise this won't be a stay at the probably inn.

Shawn

Just let me know what I can do.

Lone_RT_rider

Terry

Shawn

Just let me know what I can do.

I'll put a timeline on this. I am thinking early April. I will put something together after Xmas and post it. Let's get through the holidays and go from there. Danny and Matt, you know my favorite place to do this. Agreed?

Shawn

Danny and Matt, you know my favorite place to do this. Agreed?

Shawn

If it's where you learnt me, yes.

If it's on the way to where you like to have BRReakfast then yes.

Lone_RT_rider
Danny and Matt, you know my favorite place to do this. Agreed?

Shawn

If it's where you learnt me, yes.

If it's on the way to where you like to have BRReakfast then yes.

Yep, that's the place. I'll get it together over Xmas and post it after New Years, once I sober up. I still remember from Bad Adams postings what happens if you don't wait. :)

Danny, Matt, Chris, and Shawn,

I look forward to getting the details, so I can set aside the time to attend.

Thanks in advance to all who will be sharing their knowledge in this format.

Lone_RT_rider

Your welcome Glenn. This will be the third class I have taught. It's been over 3 years since the last. It's past time. We had discussions about this at the UN. Life got in the way for a long time. I'm done with excuses though. It's time.

Lone_RT_rider

Jim,

We usually post it to the board on a first come, first serve basis and take the first ten replies as "in". Once it's posted and you reply back in that first ten group its a done deal. :)

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
me too learn something new from here..... :clap: for my new BMW R1200GS :thumbsup:

If you make it to this event, I don't think you'll have any competition for "farthest traveled". :)

Welcome Robert!

Hey, can I get in on this?

Hey Jim,

Are you going to help instruct? I remember the last one I helped with was your first time through I believe. After riding with you on the way home I was convinced that your skills are far superior to mine and many that I have ridden with. You should help with the coaching.

I wish I was back for this. Maybe next time.

Enjoy

Archived