IGNORED

Random <!> symbol appearing?

Barrie C

A symbol I haven't seen before has started appearing on the dash of my '06 K1200GT.

Only real pattern to this that I can see is that it seems more likely to come on in heavy traffic but this isn't always the case - the last time it came on was at the end of a 45 minute fast motorway ride.

I'm not 'feeling' anything wrong with the bike either :(

I don't have access to my user manual at the moment so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any thoughts?

Yes, low oil indicator. Do yourself a huge favor and do NOT just go add oil!! Check the level manually first and then check it again.

It most likely is just a smidge low and will only need a tiny amount to bring it back up to where the light doesn't go on anymore however, there have been sensors that have gone bad from time to time and you don't want to end up overfilling it.

Nice n Easy Rider

+1 on what Phil said.

For about a 2-week period last summer I got the same warning symbol on my 2007 RT. Each time I stopped and checked it the oil level was fine. Just about when I was getting ready to throw in the towel and take it to the dealer it stopped doing that. I've put about 4K on it since then without ever seeing the warning symbol again. I don't know if the summer heat (it was a brutal stretch of high 90's to low 100's) had anything to do with it but I'm a firm believer in "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".

Great, thanks guys.

It does seem odd that it just randomly comes on and in mostly different riding situations as well.

I'll check my level & see how it looks :)

Dennis Andress

On my K1300 S that indication is tied to the bike computer feature which reports the oil level. That feature will not indicate until: 1) The engine is up to operating temperature. 2) The bike is at a standstill, and held straight up and down, for at least 10 seconds. Sure enough, I've seen warning come on, or go off, while sitting at a traffic light.

Archived