IGNORED

Fender Extenders R1200RT

jackflash

Anyone know where to buy them. The Wunderlich link on a thread is in PDF format with no ordering information. Surely someone makes a screw on fender extender.

Thanks,

Jim

there is also a separate catalog with prices and part numbers on it, so find the part number and lookup the price. you can get the price sheet from santa cruz bmw.

I bought a rear fender extender from BMW that looks like it will work very well. It retracts during dry weather, and can be extended 4". For $21 it's worth a try.

BMW part #71 60 7 694 194

do you have a link to any searchable OEM parts databases for that particular part...Santa Cruz BMW lists 6 different part numbers for front fender extensions...thanks

chris

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I buy this part? I don't read German, therefore, their website won't get it done. Got money, want to spend!

Thanks,

Jim

Front fender extension from Wunderlich, part#8500215 thumbsup.gif
their website won't get it done.

Hey Jim, did you mean " GIT'ER DONE!! " ?? As in 'Cable Guy Larry'...he is outrageous!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack (opps, there I go again...),the thread. Just that your username is 'jackflash' and your name is Jim, mine is 'jakfrost' and my name is Jim... eek.gif

Yeah, I really meant git 'er done.

I liked the name Jim because there are so many of us, I can always choose to ignore someone calling me when there is another Jim around.... grin.gif

their website won't get it done.

Hey Jim, did you mean " GIT'ER DONE!! " ?? As in 'Cable Guy Larry'...he is outrageous!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack (opps, there I go again...),the thread. Just that your username is 'jackflash' and your name is Jim, mine is 'jakfrost' and my name is Jim... eek.gif

Thanks! I'll call 'em tomorrow and git 'er done!

Jim aka Jackflash

BMW of Santa Cruz thumbsup.gif I have one on order, that they are waiting for to come in, along with the Additional light set Part #8500220.

I called Santa Cruz today and got one reserved when they come in. Not completely sure how they attach but it's "like it did on the 1100 series" they said. I'm just tired of getting road crap on my bike. Oh, well, I guess I'll just find a way to ride it anyway! Thank goodness for problems like this...they get much worse.... wink.gif

How does it extend, manually? Does it screw on? How about a picture?

A single small screw and friction-nut are used to attach the fender extender to the center of the rear fender. The hole is already in the rear fender. The extender fits inside the rear fender, and when needed, you simply pull the extender down by hand.

No, I hope not. What I ordered (have the parts guy's name at work) will about a bill less than that but they don't have the exact price yet. Said he would call me when they came in....time will tell on that.

Hey Jim, is that the $137.50 fenda extenda you ordered from SCBMW ? What was the part #, I can't get that guy Jessie to find it...

Jim W.

O.K. Let us know when you get the unit in hand...like to know your opinion. You are the 'beta'...

I just received my 'Xmas box' from SCBMW, the 'oil cooler screen', 'side stand big foot, 'rear brake pedal extender' and '6 red fuel filler replacement bolts'. Service was great.

The plastic 'oil cooler screen' part looks like it could use a little rattle can black paint on the 'screen' portion but otherwise should be fine.

I will take a couple of 'before'/ 'after' pics...

Jim W.

Jim,

After a ride yesterday, I had to clean out a bug the size of a small fishing village from my cooler. I'd be interested to know how easy/difficult it is to install the cooler screen. I've yet to take off any plastic on my RT and I'm looking for an excuse to take the plunge.

The first time I washed my RT I found that it had the rear fender extender installed but in the fully retracted position! I have since extended it fully, it adds about 4" to the length of the rear fender. At first I thought it looked ugly, but I have grown to accept it. Has come in handy as the roads up here are quite messy at this time of the year.

It is held in place by one screw, and two plastic bosses inside the rear fender.

I have attached a picture to show it .

617093-R1200RTex.jpg.776c9ce035c229d0afa7c1ade4b4c232.jpg

Roger that. When I get a front fender extender, I'll post about the adventure. Santa Cruz has to sell me one first.

O.K. Let us know when you get the unit in hand...like to know your opinion. You are the 'beta'...

I just received my 'Xmas box' from SCBMW, the 'oil cooler screen', 'side stand big foot, 'rear brake pedal extender' and '6 red fuel filler replacement bolts'. Service was great.

The plastic 'oil cooler screen' part looks like it could use a little rattle can black paint on the 'screen' portion but otherwise should be fine.

I will take a couple of 'before'/ 'after' pics...

Jim W.

Archived