IGNORED

Fuel range

HuskyMick

Can someone pls tell me what sort of fuel range you can get out of 1200 GS and how many litres of fuel you can get in the tank (I have a 1200RT and never got more than 23L in the 27L tank) I have a 1200 adventure on order and just want to try and figure out the true range I will get out of the 33L tank.

Thanks for your help

I'll let you do the conversion, but I have put more than 5.7 gallons in twice.

On the range question, I can get 220 miles easily. More if I'm riding like a saint, which is seldom the case.

Same here I get around 270 miles from a tank, Just trying to find out if US gal is less or more than UK gal. I know in the UK the RT has a 6g tank and the new adventure has a 7.1g tank. I just hope it will do over over 330 miles on the large tank. How many miles has your RT done any problems with it ?

HhmMMMMMMmmmMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Looks like he was.

Something to the fact of.......

Ihave an RT and never get more than 23l in the 27l tank
I just hope it will do over over 330 miles on the large tank.

What sort of terrain/roads are you planning on riding on, such that you HAVE to get at least 330 miles between fills?

That information may help others give you a better idea of potential range when put to this sort of use.

Most of the miles I do are a mix of motorways and town. The reason for wanting as many miles as I can get is I HATE FILLING UP I do about 700 miles a week at the moment and just want to cut down on how many times I have to stop. The RT tank is a pig to top up, the last 2Lts take about two minutes to get in but with out them I cut my range down to about 240-250 miles which is just short of what I want.

Hope this helps

while we are on this subject...

Is there any fix yet for the BC reading way off on the fuel range...It says i only have say 20 miles left but, i only end up putting about 4 gallons in.. Just wondering..

I think the key factor is whether or not you remove the stupid rubber thingy in the fuel neck. "Course I'm not sure if they put it in UK bikes. After popping it out with my finger, my range went up a good 30 miles. At 205 on the trip odometer, it took 4.7 gal with 44 miles ( 1 gallon? ) of reserve. I'm with you: I hate filling up! With cars getting 300-400 mi. range, even 200-250 miles is less than I like. However, I enjoyed those miles INFINITELY more than in the car! thumbsup.gif

Can someone pls tell me what sort of fuel range you can get out of 1200 GS

Thanks for your help

I removed the rubber & drilled the neck! I can go 220 miles riding solo with camping gear before the light comes on! I usually look for fuel within 20 miles! This would be on a one stop ( or not) in between fill ups, slabbin it! I usually don't look to see how much I put in! I'm just glad it's full wink: Your mileage may vary cool.gif

So far I have put in 5.5 gallons, and gotten 248 miles out of that tank. I was riding slower than usual on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and have posted my best mileage there as well at 48 mpg, so I suppose you could get as much as 264+ miles out of a standard GS, though I suspect the additional weight would knock that down a bit on the 12GSA.

I would like another gallon of gas, but I wouldn't give up the light weight to get it.

Jim cool.gif

Huskymick,

There are 1.2US gallons to 1 Imperial gallon.

The 1200GS is just as slow to fill up as the RT unless you do one or more of the mods (rubber thingy/drilling the neck). However, I found the miles countdown more accurate and the amount you could get in the tank closer to spec on the GS than on the RT (up to 20.6l in a nominal 21l tank IIRC).

I reckon there is a good chance you'll get 330 miles out of the GSA tank.

Paul

Archived