IGNORED

ECU Issue

Motorrad4fun

We are nearing the end of the ECU recall and I think I will have to have mine changed as my bike is showing signs of cold start issues.

I did a search for the Recall Bulletin and could not find it. Is there a link to it.

My bike has a build date of 09/03....I think it is part of the recall....

I need to get to my dealer but I want the recall in hand as I had this discussion once already with them.....

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Aluminum_Butt

From the old i-bmw.com archives:

(Service Bulletin 13 00204 057 covers affected 03/04 K1200RS/GT models. Per BMW:

If the owner complains that their bike resists throttle input during cold start or warmup then exchange the ECU. 2003/2004 K1200RS or GT models produced up to and including April 4,2004 may be affected. (Properly maintained factory stock machines that exhibit the symptoms during cold startup or during initial warmup may qualify for the new ECU. The exchanged ECU is not a performance upgrade but a genuine stock replacement ECU for these affected models. The replacement part will be available for exchange under warranty until the end of 2005. If your stock K bike exhibits the mentioned problems and it has been properly maintained yet the dealer denies that there is a service campaign for affected bikes contact BMW at:

Customerrelations@bmwusa.com

or call 800-831-1117.

Archived