IGNORED

UN2 Reveille

Jake

Hi there Boys and a Girl!

Well, whadda ya say? Is it time to wake this hibernating beast up? Time to rise and shine - feet on the pegs and all that stuff?

The site's new membership has dizzied my brain, and I can hardly even keep up. I've also noted that many of the "old school" regulars are rather absent from their former posting schedule. Oh well, I hear they are all interested in coming to the UN2, so we'll have to reminisce in ES.

It's still a long time between now and Oct, with a lot of other events in the middle which should have their chance to shine. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but I'd like to get going on things like UN2 website content and agendas so those who like to plan early, can.

Why don't we all check in, and get a game plan together. I'll start. Jake, 1 each, present and accounted for, currently bike-less and homeless. wink.gif

Jake, we've pretty much got the web site navigation done. Just need content. I can do some of it, but if we could divide that responsibility up and have people supply content directly to you, and then to Nathan, he said he'd finish putting the web site together.

For those of you who don't remember, he's put this together so far:

http://bmwrt.com/unrally

Brant Herbert

Brant, reporting in. Let me know how I can help, maybe on any technical stuff on the website if that's needed at some point. We need a target date for when this UN2 stuff will debut.

We B chill'n in B'Ville waiting on the word.cool.gif I'm heading to Chi-Town this weekend with the fam. to check on my wife's sick great grandmother and turning around and heading home Sunday morning. When I'm back if we need photos or other stuff let me know. Murrayg, out. cool.gif

Here!!

I'll be starting design and production for Mayhem T-shirts next week so once I get that process down, we should be good to go for the UN2 T's.

One little snag in my sweater is that my wife informed me a few weeks ago that she had the unmittigated gall to have another baby due late August of this year. Sooooo, might be a little tough for me to get down to Un2, but I'm not giving up yet! wink.gifsmile.gif

Yoo Hoo! Greetings, folks... I just wanted to say that I'm peeking thru the curtains, now that I can. tongue.gif

I don't know what help I can offer, but be it known I'm around if you need any heavy lifting or something!

Goodness Gracious! IT"S ALIVE!!!

Congrats on baby making David M !

Murray - If you are going to be downtown this weekend- and have time to meet for food - call me 630-327-1958

Jake - I've never gotten a return phone call from the gal who runs the Grill at the IronHorse. I'll put in a call to her in the next couple of days. ( Have a case of laryngitis right now and can only type. )

I have a house and a bike - but, lately, don't use them laugh.gif

Well one big Gleno "DAYUMM!!! to all of you. I sure hope that the US Military has your state of readiness. You guys rock! We only need M "you suh, can call me Bu-sa" James and we'll have a full boat.

David - congrats on the great news!!

I'm going to try to work on a proposed agenda this weekend to run by all of you as a first-next step. Then we can dive into what kind of content for the UN2 website you'd like to see.

Oh, and I also would like to mention that we will be adding another member to this band of misfits. DB - will you please add one Mr T.M. Roe to the club? Tommy has agreed to join us. Yeah, you could say we got a little surprise planned for the party. wink.gif

"DB - will you please add one Mr T.M. Roe to the club? "

Whooaaa there! That wasn't part of the contract. I was just starting to get over my TMR-withdrawal symptoms from the last time he was involved in something! I sure hope someone's got the name of a good rehab facility in the NYC area...I'm packing my bags now. wink.gif

P.S. Thanks for all the wishes on the new addition. blush.gif

You think YOU are struggling with withdrawal symptoms. Heck, I'm the guy who was riding at Mach .98 with him, passing people on the right!

(Can't wait to do it again next year. smile.gif)

So, is Tommy riding in on some souped up experimental BMW KR1500RT with 180 hp and a 10 gallon tank, made of radar absorbing materials and painted with black stealth paint, capable of going 200 mph, with 600 miles between fill-ups, or something like that? smile.gif Welcome to the party, Tom.

We only need M "you suh, can call me Bu-sa" james and we'll have a full boat.

Here and accounted for but probably won't be much use until I return (hopefully smile.gif ) from my 100CC mid March.

OK, NOW it's a full boat! Didn't mean to imply this ship was goin anywhere without Brother Yehaa! and Miss Vicki. We'd be sunk without you guys. wink.gif

Kathy, thanks, but we postponed the trip because of the icy weather forecast for Chi-town. I can figure why you're not using the bike, but the house? Is there something you wish to tell us, like what's his name. wink.gif

David, Congratulations on the baby. Looks like you've still got the voodoo. wink.gif Be careful in unskilled hands (ahumm, pun sort of intented) you could get in over your head. laugh.gif I'm shutting up, sur, yess sur! crazy.gif

Murray,

Sweetie...you trying to get me to hi-jack the planning committee thread? Huh? Me? Hi-jack? Huh? wink.gif

Voice is sortof coming back. Going to call the food gal on Monday. I'll report my findings.

Murmeister - let me know when you are coming into town. Dave and I will meet you for some grub. The bad weather they predicted for Chitown never evolved. Go figure. Weather...it's a science.

Oh now you went and did it!!

You had to call.

Don't you guys remember the last time we did this?

It's too late now you went and got me all excited.

Anyways I'm very please that you will have me.

When Jake told me you might be up for it, an Angel got his wings in heaven! I'll wrench with you, but I ain't riding with you anymore! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, early in the month somebodys were whispering in my ears about participating in the tech stuff. Am I supposed to check in here or something? Sit quietly until called?

It just dawned on me that I was out of town for a week, and that my string callup is only two days long, so I missed this when it went up and for a while since I've been back.

If there is aught I should do, please tell me.

VooDoo, you said she's going to have a baby again? Which implies she's done it before. Why does she need you around this time? She slow learner or something? wink.gif

And Tom, if David says he ain't riding with you any more I have to give it some thought if I will. OK. I thought about it. I will. I'm older than David, and I have less to lose.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim/Sean/Tommy -

My impression was that you boys were going to chat offline preliminarily to decide how you would like to run the Titans of Tech-Daze. So that we can offer the support you need, I'm going to start another thread so you'll have a gathering place here.

I've been holding off a bit on the previously promised schedule/agenda due to my move this weekend, and also choosing a time slot for yous dudes. So let's get something going planning-wise - that way we can get the word out to the board that Tech Daze will be a big part of Un2.

VooDoo, you said she's going to have a baby again? Which implies she's done it before. Why does she need you around this time? She slow learner or something? wink.gif

LOL!! That's what I asked her! It seems she doesn't see things quite the same way we do, however... grin.gifcrazy.gifwink.gif

Update on the breakfast fare at the IronHorse

The gal that runs the restaurant has been less than forth coming with prices for the three versions of "breakfast" we suggested to her back in October.

I've increased my charm and hope to have results soon.

Update on the breakfast fare at the IronHorse

The gal that runs the restaurant has been less than forth coming with prices for the three versions of "breakfast" we suggested to her back in October.

I've increased my charm and hope to have results soon.

I'll be out riding this Saturday, do you want me to ride over and see if she has something together for us, Ms. BUTT? grin.gif btw, what were the three versions of breakfast that we pitched?

No need to ride in yet our ever-present BMOC! PB and I are kicking this one around, and will divulge the master plan in due course. Muahahahahahaaaaa.

We can't send you in to muscle her Murray. You are far too nice!

She got back to me finally. More broad based info to follow once we mash it and digest it.

And of course, I cannot figure out what BMOC means? Oh Cabana Boy.....

Archived