IGNORED

Center stand woes

Voyager

So, today I got around to swapping the centerstand I bought 94 R1100RS for mine with the broken extension. Problem is it doesn't fit right. The bushings & everything line up nice but when retracted, the extension bumps into the left footpeg and prevents full retraction. Appearently the RS & RT are not as interchangable as I ASS U ME D. bncry.gif The funny thing is that they the two look identical (from what I can tell of the remaining stub on the old one)So.... before I rectify this problem with a big hammer can any one confirm these differences or provide another solution? smirk.gif

Drop some rebar down the center of the hollow legs before welding it back together and it will be better than new!

grin.gif I didn't think of that. Anyway, problem solved now. I spent the afternoon "chopping" and "bobbing" the foot lever to work. Turned out pretty nice too If I do say so myself clap.gif Not my usual Frankenstien job. I did reinforce some of the factory welds. We'll see how long it lasts! Thanks for the help.

603537-centerstandmod.JPG.a4cf6e420588a765ed752c0fa7c8e476.JPG

Archived