IGNORED

What a dope

outpost22

The last two times riding the RT, my right foot has fallen asleep. Yesterday I didn't think much of it as I parked the bike in a gravel parking lot, not giving much thought to my foot being asleep. Yep, no support from the foot and the bike went down on her right side, landing on my ankle (now sprained). Also, my bow was strapped in a case to the back and it got whammed.

The right side mirror got cracked as well. All because of my indifference to what my body was telling me. :cry:

Sorry to hear.

Hope your foot will come good 100%.

Bike parts, although annoying can be replaced, broken body parts if it ends up in a permanent injury is a whole different matter.

I am surprised that you fell over onto the RHS, as I would have thought that everybody leans their bike to the left on stop.

Spatially since your side stand and center stand foot lever are on the LHS.

I've had the same experience. It happens. The vibration of the bike disguises the onset and one doesn't realize how "asleep" the leg and foot gets. Glad you weren't seriously damaged.

Sorry to hear.

Hope your foot will come good 100%.

Bike parts, although annoying can be replaced, broken body parts if it ends up in a permanent injury is a whole different matter.

I am surprised that you fell over onto the RHS, as I would have thought that everybody leans their bike to the left on stop.

Spatially since your side stand and center stand foot lever are on the LHS.

If going on the side stand (something I don't do often, admittedly) I lean to the right, onto my right foot, while using my left to lower the sidestand. If this is the same technique the OP used, I could see this happening.

I absolutely agree with your other points, and wish well to the OP in healing.

If going on the side stand (something I don't do often, admittedly) I lean to the right, onto my right foot, while using my left to lower the sidestand. If this is the same technique the OP used, I could see this happening.

I absolutely agree with your other points, and wish well to the OP in healing.

You nailed it. Bike was stopped and shut off. It didn't help that it was a loose gravel surface. Weight was on both feet. Re-balanced on right foot to put down the side stand- fell over like a dumb a$$.

Ankle is swollen and purple but feeling better today.

It wasn't a long ride either (about 20 miles). Weird how the foot fell asleep as it's never been an issue, even on long rides.

Just hoping this story helps someone else in the future avoid the pitfalls of my misadventure.

Archived